Eggnog pie is a creamy no bake dessert made with a graham cracker, vanilla pudding, eggnog and whipped topping – perfect for holiday parties!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe!
📌 5 simple ingredients whipped up in 5 minutes!
📌 An easy make ahead dessert that can be served right from the fridge.
📌 The perfect holiday dessert that everyone will rave over.
Eggnog Pie Ingredients
- Crust – Graham cracker crust, homemade or store bought.
- Pudding – Instant vanilla pudding.
- Eggnog – Your favorite brand.
- Whipped topping – Thawed.
- Nutmeg – Grated, optional.
How do you make a no-bake eggnog pie? (step-by-step directions)
⭐ First, use an electric mixer to beat together the instant vanilla pudding mix and the eggnog until thick.
⭐ Next, fold in the whipped topping until fully incorporated.
⭐ Then, pour the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust. Sprinkle with a bit of grated nutmeg.
⭐ Finally, refrigerate until the pie has set. Serve and enjoy!
Scroll down to the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this article for ingredient measurements and detailed cooking instructions.
Can I make eggnog pie ahead?
Yes, you can make eggnog pie up to 2 days in advance before serving. Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
Is there alcohol in eggnog pie?
No, for this dessert we just use the eggnog drink without alcohol. This is a family friendly dessert for anyone who’d like to indulge!
Do I need to bake the crust first?
If using our homemade graham cracker crust recipe, you do need to bake that crust in order for it to set. However, a store bought crust does not need to be baked first making this a true no-bake recipe.
Leftovers and storage
How long does eggnog pie last?
Store the pie, covered, in the fridge for up to 4 days. Serve chilled.
Can I freeze eggnog pie?
Absolutely! This pie actually freezes quite well. Place in an airtight freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and serve cold.
Tips and tricks
✅ Use our simple 4 ingredient homemade graham cracker crust recipe!
✅ Add a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or even a splash of vanilla extract to the filling.
✅ Change up the garnish and top with crushed nuts, caramel sauce or chocolate shavings for a spin on flavors!
✅ Make individual pie servings by using small tart pans or dessert cups instead of a large pie pan.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use homemade eggnog instead of store-bought eggnog for this pie?
Yes, you can definitely use homemade eggnog if you prefer. Homemade eggnog can add a personal touch and unique flavor to your pie. Just make sure it’s chilled before using it in the recipe.
Can I use a regular pie crust?
Absolutely! Try our homemade pie crust recipe and pre-bake it before adding the eggnog filling.
Can I make this pie without a crust?
Sure, simply prepare the filling as directed and pour it into a pie dish or individual serving cups. Refrigerate until set, and you’ll have a delicious crustless version of the pie.
Can I use flavored eggnog, such as chocolate or spiced?
Yes, feel free to experiment with different flavored eggnogs to add a unique twist to your dessert. Chocolate eggnog can create a delightful chocolatey variation, while spiced eggnog can add extra warmth and flavor.
What to enjoy with eggnog pie (serving suggestions)
Eggnog pie is one of our favorite desserts to serve around the holidays. Serve up a festive platter of Christmas tree brownies, M&M Christmas cookies, and Christmas tree cupcakes to compliment this delicious eggnog pie.
More awesome no bake pies
- No bake pumpkin pie
- Orange creamsicle pie
- Strawberry jello pie
- Peanut butter pie
- Check out all our no bake dessert recipes!
Other great holiday favorites
- Instant pot Baileys cheesecake
- Slow cooker turkey breast
- Reindeer cookie cake
- Grinch brownies
- Apricot glazed ham
- Prime rib
Tools we love
- Pyrex Pie Plates– Can you really even call it a kitchen if you don’t have a set of pie plates? This might be a question for the ages. In any case, you need these.
- Electric mixer – You can use an electric mixer to whip it together quickly.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Eggnog Pie
- 1 graham cracker crust prepared (homemade or store bought)
- 1 package 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1½ cups eggnog
- 1 cup whipped topping (like cool whip) thawed
- grated nutmeg or cinnamon optional
- Use an electric mixer to beat together the instant vanilla pudding mix and the eggnog until thick.
- Fold in the whipped topping until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust. If desired, sprinkle with a bit of grated nutmeg.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
⭐Save This Recipe⭐ Send it to your email!
I consent to receive email from this site 💌
Click the button above to save this recipe!