French Toast Sticks are a classic recipe loved by kids and adults alike! Make then for your next breakfast!
My kids got a huge kick out of these delicious French Toast Sticks when we stacked them up to resemble the game Jenga. I loved that they were so easy to make, and are perfect for dipping in all our favorite syrups!
This is a sponsored post. All opinions belong to Mama Loves Food.
French Toast Sticks
French Toast Sticks (aka Jenga French Toast!) are a favorite in our house! The same great flavor as classic French Toast, but in a handy dippable form. My kids love to build with them, and even play games!
This recipe is courtesy of Omni Hotels & Resorts who have just announced a super fun reboot of their kids menu! Omni Hotels & Resorts is introducing a new kids menu as the latest rendition of the brand’s Omni Originals culinary series: Culinary Kids. The spirited menu caters to children 12 and younger with enhanced palates and bold preferences.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is a culinary thought leader and a family-friendly destination across the country. We have visit both the Asheville North Carolina location and can’t wait to staycation at the Central Florida location! Make sure to see if there’s an Omni near your next vacation destination!
French Toast Sticks Ingredients
- Texas toast or thick cut brioche – You want a good thick sturdy bread so the sticks hold their shape.
- Eggs – Medium or large eggs
- Milk – Whole milk is preferred for this recipe as it will provide a richer flavor and thicker custard.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon or cinnamon powder.
- Vanilla extract – You’ll want to look for real vanilla extract, not imitation.
- Salt – Kosher salt is preferred.
- Nutmeg – Nutmeg gives a beautiful warmth to recipes. Look for ground nutmeg near the cinnamon in your spice aisle.
- Brown sugar – Light brown sugar.
- Toppings and dips – Powdered sugar, maple syrup, strawberries, strawberry jam, chocolate sauce. Or for a savory breakfast dip, try our blender hollandaise sauce.
How Do You Make French Toast Sticks
First, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, salt, nutmeg and brown sugar.
Next, slice each piece of bread into 5 pieces finger sized, dip in egg mix and soak bread briefly.
Then, deep fry slices until golden brown.
Finally, arrange on plate like a Jenga structure. Serve all the sauces on the side. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
About Omni Originals
As part of the Omni Originals series, properties from across the country feature themed food and beverage programming throughout the year that showcases our regional culinary talent, speaks to timely trends and ultimately surprises-and-delights our guests.
A NEW MENU FOR KIDS
Every kid is different. That’s why Omni has crafted a new kids menu that goes beyond the typical offerings parents have come to expect. Discover plates with personality crafted for young palates!
Make mealtime fun with Omni’s special offerings for your little one! From Jenga French Toast Sticks to a classic grilled cheese, rainbow acai bowl, and banana skewers, the Culinary Kids program has something for every young taste bud.
Tips and Tricks
★ We used 2 cups of vegetable oil in a skillet to fry the French Toast Sticks (medium heat). It took about 3 minutes on each side to reach golden perfection.
★ The egg mixture recipe produces enough for about 5 thick slices of bread.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make the French Toast Sticks egg mixture (custard) ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the egg mixture or custard in advance. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use. If it thickens, slowly whisk in milk until desired consistency is reached.
How do you store leftover French Toast Sticks
To store leftover French Toast Sticks, allow to come to room temperature then place in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer.
How do you reheat French Toast Sticks
To reheat, bake in the oven or toasted oven at 350F for about ten minutes, or until warm and toasted. Alternately you could reheat on the stove top in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, or in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds.
Can you freeze French Toast Sticks
You can freeze the leftovers by storing in an airtight container. In an upright freezer they will be best eaten within three months, in a deep freezer they will be best eaten in six months.
Reheat frozen french toast sticks by thawing overnight in the refrigerator and then following the instructions set forth above.
Thank you so much to Omni Hotels and Resorts for providing this delicious French Toast Sticks Recipe (Jenga French Toast!).
If you’re ready to enjoy some amazing time away and check out the Omni Originals culinary series, check out this link for Omni Hotel locations all over the United States!
What to Serve with French Toast Sticks
More Like This
- 15″ Cast iron pan – This. Pan. Is. Huge. Literally massive. I have two and they’re sooooooo amazing. I love using these on my grill to make a beautifully seared steak or some yummy Old Bay shrimp. And in my oven or on the stovetop when the weather’s no good for grilling!
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
How to Make this French Toast Sticks (with VIDEO)
French Toast Sticks
- 2 pieces Texas toast or thick cut brioche*
- Egg mixture recipe below
- ½ tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 whole strawberry
- 2 tbsp. strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp. chocolate sauce
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon powder
- ½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Whisk together egg mixture.
- Slice each piece of bread into 5 pieces finger sized.
- Dip in egg mix and soak bread briefly.
- Arrange on plate like a Jenga structure.
- Serve all the sauces on the side. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Omni Hotels & Resorts. The opinions and text are all mine.