Decadence awaits with this deliciously moist and indulgent Apple Bread! It is the perfect quick bread to serve at breakfast or dessert!
Apple bread is such a great treat – eat it plain or slather with butter! And when you’re done, check out our banana bread and our sweet corn bread! You can find a huge collection of our favorite bread recipes here too!
Apple Bread Ingredients
- Granny Smith Apples – Granny smith are tart and perfect for this recipe!
- Sugar – Normal granulated white sugar.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon.
- Butter – I know it’s frowned upon by most bakers, but I like to use salted butter. Please don’t judge too harshly.
- Eggs – Our recipes always call for large eggs.
- Milk – Whole milk is idea, but lowfat or skim will work in a pinch.
- Vanilla – Please, please, I beg of you. Only real vanilla extract please, not imitation.
- Flour – All purpose flour. Make sure you’re not using cake flour or self rising as those have extra ingredients that we don’t need for this recipe.
- Baking powder – Used for leavening. This is a quick bread so there’s no yeast, but the baking powder will help keep it from being too dense.
- Walnuts – Optional, but I wouldn’t recommend skipping them, because walnuts are delicious.
- Powdered sugar – Used for the icing glaze.
How do you make apple bread? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside. In another small bowl mix diced apples with sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
⭐ Then, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time just until blended, add vanilla.
⭐ Next, in another bowl whisk flour and baking powder together, then add to wet mixture and whisk just until blended. Whisk in milk just until smooth.
⭐ Then, pour half the mixture into a greased loaf pan. Add half of the brown sugar mixture then half of the apples, gently pat into batter. Add the rest of the batter into the loaf pan spreading gently with a spatula, followed by the remaining apples, walnuts and remaining brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat.
⭐ Finally, bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze.
I was never a fan of Fall at all, when I was a kid, it meant “the end of summer” and back to the books! But now as an adult I love Fall. It means the windows are open leaves are falling and around here lots of acorns.
Plus apples, apples, and more apples. Just up the hill from me is a place called Apple Hill, we go every year. Not only can you get boxes of apples but they have every apple baked goodie that you can think of. Apple jelly, apple donuts, pies, breads, fritters, caramel apples, fresh cider, just to name a few it is an amazing place to visit.
One can never have enough apple recipes, every year I seem to accumulate more. This cinnamon bread recipe is fantastic. It is packed with lots of swirls of cinnamon and slightly tart apples, topped with crunchy walnuts, and a sweet glaze drizzled over the top. And the aroma that fills your house with the cinnamon and apples baking. Pure heaven!
This Apple Bread is a perfect breakfast or dessert, for the cool Autumn months that are fast approaching. Or, any time really.
Complete your meal with these recipe suggestions
If you’re going for a comfort-food meal (like this bread!) I’d love to suggest our instapot ribs, Italian dressing chicken, or moist turkey meatloaf. For sides try some creamy roasted red potatoes, or oven roasted broccoli. If you’re just looking for a light meal, try our quick chow mein soup recipe!
More delicious bread and apple recipes
More breakfast recipes to love
- Classic French Toast
- Homemade Belgium Waffles
- Blueberry Pancake Recipe
- Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
- See all our easy breakfast ideas!
Tools we love
- Paper loaf pans – perfect for gifting
- Decorative paper gift tags
- Pearl Nora Fleming Bread Dish
- Decorative flatware service set
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Apple Bread
Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith Apples diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon heaping
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl mix diced apples with sugar and cinnamon and set aside
- In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time just until blended, add vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk flour and baking powder together, then add to wet mixture and whisk just until blended. Whisk in milk just until smooth.
- Pour half the mixture into the loaf pan. Add half of the brown sugar mixture then half of the apples, gently pat into batter.
- Add the rest of the batter into the loaf pan spreading gently with a spatula, followed by the remaining apples, walnuts and remaining brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the glaze- Whisk powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl until combined.
- 10. Let cool 15 minutes on baking rack, drizzle with glaze.
This decadent quick bread recipe comes hot out of the oven from my friend Wendie at Butter Your Biscuit!