Pico de Gallo, or sometimes referred to as fresh salsa, is one of the most delicious things you can add to a meal. Don’t wait for Taco Tuesday, make it now!
Can we just talk for a minute about how gorgeous fresh pico de gallo is? I mean, I’m not sure whether to frame it or eat it. Okay, that’s a lie. Eat, it’s always eat. But seriously, this stuff is beautiful. And if you think it’s nice to look at, just wait until you get a taste.
Pico de Gallo Ingredients
- sweet yellow onion
- fresh garlic
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
I know I’ve been on a Mexican food kick lately and hope you can bear with me just a little bit longer (because yes, there’s more coming).
I’m not sure what it is about summer that makes me want to throw salsa on everything and yell “Ole!” at the top of my lungs, but for real, it’s a problem.
More recipes like pico de gallo
Tools for making Pico de Gallo
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
- Garlic press – Need fresh minced or sliced garlic, but don’t want to peel or chop your garlic? This garlic press is the bessssssst. We’ve had ours for as long as I can remember (maybe a wedding present?), and I use it several times a week!
- End grain cutting board – This is my absolute favorite cutting board and the one that I get the most compliments on. And p.s. I have a lot of cutting boards. It really is absolutely stunning, and knows how to take a beating. We use it every single day!
How to make Pico de Gallo
Pico de Gallo
Pico de Gallo, or sometimes referred to as fresh salsa, is one of the most delicious things you can add to a meal. Don't wait for Taco Tuesday, make it now!
- 2 1/2 cups small diced tomatoes approximately 1 large tomato
- 1/3 cup small diced sweet yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic minced (I just used my garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon super tiny diced jalapeno seeds removed
- 1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro small chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- Stir everything together in a bowl, and enjoy!