Taquitos for everyone! Happy Taco Tuesday! Make these taquitos and every day becomes Taco Tuesday!
Taquitos (which literally translate to little tacos), are easy to make and always a hit. Tacos are life. Can we just agree on that? So if tacos are life (which they are), does that mean taquitos are little life? Hashtag, things to ponder.
This Taquitos recipe is a partnered effort with Mirum and Mission Tortillas. All recipes and opinions are my own.
Taquitos for snack
Regardless, I remember many many a college night going to my freezer to raid the box of taquitos for a midnight snack and now as an adult (when did that happen???) they make a super fantastic after school snack for the kids.
And as it turns out – the recipe for taquitos is ridiculously simple.
While taquitos make a fantastic afternoon snack, they’re also the perfect (perrrrrrfect) party or game-day appetizer. Make a whole tray of them in your oven and serve with some Cilantro Garlic Sauce or Restaurant Style Roasted Tomato and Garlic Salsa!
What type of chicken in Taquitos
Ready for a truth bomb? I’m about to lay some knowledge down that you might not agree with. And if you don’t agree. Let’s still be friends anyway. M’kay? So. The thing is … this recipe uses canned chicken.
Phew, I said it. Are you still here?
For real though, canned chicken works perfectly in this recipe and keeps it so low muss low fuss that it’s really hard to argue against. I’m totally on #teamcanned meat, but if you just can’t wrap your head around it, then by all means – feel free to use fresh chicken. I won’t stop you!
For our recipe we used Mission Tortillas. Mission Tortillas make it possible to have authentic tortillas at home in mere seconds. They are available in organic and non-GMO certified with no preservatives, and made with real sea salt. Mission Tortillas are the perfect option for time starved moms and dads and they are available at various locations including your local Kroger store!Don’t forget to shop now at any of the Kroger family of stores: Smith’s, Dillons, Foods Co, Jay C Foods, Bakers Plus, Ralph’s, Fry’s Food, Gerbes, Fred Meyer, Pay-Less, City Market, QFC, Food 4 Less, King Soopers.
How to make Taquitos
- 6 large flour tortillas burrito size
- 1 can chicken drained (12.5 ounce) -or- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded Mexican/Fiesta blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- optional: olive oil
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, cheese, and taco seasoning.
- Cut each tortilla in half, then starting at the wide end, make a line of meat/cheese.
- Roll tightly and set on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray or baste with olive oil (this is optional, but it will help them brown), and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Cut in half and serve with Cilantro Garlic Sauce or Restaurant Style Roasted Tomato and Garlic Salsa.