This Simple Cilantro Garlic Sauce recipe is inspired by Pollo Tropical. It only takes seconds to make and you’ll want to put it on everything!
If you haven’t been to Pollo Tropical, you should probably add it to your bucket list. The grilled chicken quarters are spectacular. One day I’ll learn how to grill chicken with such finesse.
In any case, my husband wants me to tell you all that this is not, I repeat, NOT Pollo Tropical ‘s Cuban Cilantro Garlic Sauce. It is super yummy and awesomely (awesomely!) delicious, but definitely not (and not trying to be!) a copycat recipe.
What this isssssss, is a zingy, creamy, tangy, flavorful addition to your meal. Mmmmmm, yeah! Definitely try it with my Fish Tacos. And everything else.
I even like to dip my roasted plantains in it. Sweet, salty, tangy, it’s an orchestra of delicious in your mouth!
Shop this recipe with our Amazon affiliate links!
- Cuisinart Smart Stick 2 Speed Hand Blender – one of the most used tools in my kitchen. Blend alllll the things. I basically only take my big blender out for margaritas anymore. Because, margaritas.
- OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker – It’s cute, and I like it, and I like salads better when they have cute things to go along with them. It’s not just me, right?
- Ball Jar Wide Mouth Pint and Half Jars with Lids – addicted to canning jars. Canning jars are slowly replacing our tupperware and I am not at all sad about it. Also I use them for glasses. Especially margarita glasses. Because, margaritas.
How do you make creamy cilantro sauce?
We use a combination of cream cheese and milk to make our cilantro sauce perfectly creamy. It’s a similar base to our super popular Garlic Cream Cheese Dip. But with cilantro and lime and Mmmmmmm.
How many calories are in cilantro garlic sauce from Pollo Tropical?
According to Pollo Tropical, there are roughly 90 calories in a one ounce serving of their Cilantro Garlic Sauce. Ours will vary depending on what type of milk and what type of cream cheese you choose to use.
What is in the curry mustard at Pollo Tropical?
I don’t now their exact recipe, but you can check out our delicious version over here at Mama Loves Food’s Curry Mustard Sauce Recipe!
Cilantro Garlic Sauce, Ingredients:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I implore you to please not use low fat. Pretty please.)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
Cilantro Garlic Sauce, Directions:
- Blend all ingredients except cilantro with an immersion blender (or upright blender) until smooth.
- Add cilantro and continue blending until smooth again.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld, and ENJOY!
Love this? Pin it to your SAUCE AND DIPS BOARD for later!
Follow Mama Loves Food on Pinterest for more easy recipes!