This Italian Sloppy Joes Recipe was developed for Collective Bias and Francesco Rinaldi. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #GetSaucy #CollectiveBias
Italian Sloppy Joes, Ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, 24 ounces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Vegetables, small diced* (I used those listed below, but you can use whatever suits your fancy!)
- Summer Squash
- Italian bread
- Optional: mozzarella cheese slices
*If your kids will squawk at the sight of vegetables, you can totally puree them!
Italian Sloppy Joes, Directions:
- In a deep skillet, brown and drain ground beef.
- Return beef to skillet and add diced vegetables, and minced garlic.
- Pour in spaghetti sauce and mix well.
- Bring to a light simmer.
- Continue to simmer on low uncovered for about two hours, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and clinging to the meat and vegetables rather than pooling in the bottom of the pan when you stir.
- Serve on Italian bread with mozzarella cheese, or just slop it into a bowl (seriously, so good).
For this recipe I used a jar of Francesco Rinaldi’s Tomato Garlic and Onion Spaghetti Sauce that I found at Walmart. I was only recently introduced to the Francesco Rinaldi line, but have to say that I am impressed. Aside from the great flavor (which, let’s be honest, I wouldn’t be telling you about it if it didn’t taste good), it’s gluten free, has no preservatives, and carries an extensive product line for a really great value ($1.42 per jar at my local store). I get a lot of pitches as a food blogger, and this is one that I’m really glad I decided to try.