Roasted Garlic Potatoes prepared with just potatoes, garlic, onion, and oil are a classic delicious side dish and super simple to make.
Roasted garlic potatoes are an always win recipe in our house. I know that we will never have leftovers and I love that it only takes a few minutes to get them in the oven. I love serving these alongside smoked chicken legs and baked carrots.
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Roasted Garlic Potato Ingredients
- Russet potatoes – washed and cubed
- Sweet yellow onion – thin sliced
- Garlic – minced
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
How do you make garlic roasted potatoes? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, combine diced potatoes, onion, and garlic in a large roasting pan.
⭐ Next, drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat all potatoes.
⭐ Then, cover tightly with foil and roast for about an hour.
⭐ Finally, uncover and place under the broiler until nicely browned and starting to crisp on the edges.
Can you dice the potatoes ahead of time?
You can dice the potatoes up to a day in advance. Store them in the refrigerator submerged in water. When ready to use, drain, rinse, and pat or drip dry.
Can I use garlic salt or garlic powder for garlic roasted potatoes?
If you’re out of fresh garlic, you can substitute it for a generous dusting of garlic powder, or substitute both the salt and garlic with a generous dusting of garlic salt.
Leftovers and Storage
How long do roasted garlic potatoes last?
These will keep in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days after cooking. Store in an airtight container for best results.
Can you freeze garlic roasted potatoes?
Leftovers can be frozen, but they will lose their crispiness. You can whip the defrosted leftovers with butter and cream cheese for a quick version of our creamy mashed potato recipe.
More awesome potato recipes
- Scalloped potatoes with cheese and ham
- Crispy roasted red potatoes
- Creamy potato soup recipe
- Homemade steak fries
- See all our potato recipe ideas!
More great side dishes
- Classic potato salad with eggs
- Quick garlic knots
- Homemade egg noodles recipe
- Easy green bean casserole
- See all our side dish recipes!
Tools we love
- Steel roasting pan – perfect for everything from these potatoes, to an icebox cake, or an enchilada casserole!
- Metal spatula – Every kitchen needs a classic steel spatula.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- 6 medium Russet potatoes washed and cubed into small bite size pieces
- 1 medium/small Sweet yellow onion thin sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Combine potatoes, onion, and garlic in a large roasting pan. Potatoes don't need to be in a single layer, but you also don't want them piled too high because they will take much longer to cook.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat all potatoes.
- Cover tightly with foil and roast at 375 for approximately one hour.
- Uncover and place on an upper rack under broiler for about 5 minutes (watch closely) until potatoes are nicely browned and starting to crisp on the edges.