Pumpkin Spice Syrup is so easy to make and great to have on hand so you can enjoy Pumpkin Spice Lattes anytime!
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Pumpkin Spice Syrup Ingredients
- Sugar – Regular granulated white sugar is what we used for this recipe.
- Pumpkin pie spice – You can buy pumpkin pie spice at the store, but I like to make it myself with this homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe.
- Filtered water – Make sure you’re using filtered water as you don’t want any flavor from the water in the syrup.
How do you make pumpkin spice syrup? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, in a sauce pan or microwave safe container, combine all ingredients and stir.
⭐ Next, heat until sugar is fully dissolved and mixture becomes fragrant. Stir frequently.
⭐ Then, continue heating for at least 5 – 10 minutes, but do not bring to a boil (if using the microwave you can do a few 3 minute cycles, stirring and allowing it to rest a bit in between).
⭐ Finally, filter the syrup with a few layers of cheese cloth – you will need to replace the cheese cloth a few times as the spices will clog it about 1/3 the way through. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Pumpkin spice syrup like Starbucks
Confession: I don’t really go to Starbucks. Like, almost ever. I know, I know. What with all the pumpkin spiced EVERYTHING, I’m sure you probably thought the local barista knew my name and order by heart. Alas, no. It’s not that I don’t enjoy a Venti now and again, it’s just that I always have five kids in tow.
And if I get it, they’ll want it, and then I either have to listen to the sobs of dismay from saying no, or shell out a mortgage payment to get them each something. Neither of which is very appealing. (And if we’re being completely honest, I actually prefer Dunkin Donuts coffee. There, I said it.)
Any which way, I do love love love Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, so rather than missing out another year I went ahead and fixed my own Pumpkin Spiced Simple Syrup and now I can make them at home whenever I want! (read = DANGER, DANGER!).
❤ See all our yummy copycat recipes! ❤
Pumpkin spice syrup using the microwave or stove top
This flavored syrup is so incredibly easy to make that I’m kind of kicking myself for not doing it before. I didn’t even use the stove! (But, you can if you’re not into microwaves. I heart my microwave though.) I’ve mostly been using the syrup (which is not, by the way, a pancake syrup consistency – although you could make it that way if you wanted) in my morning coffee, but you can use it to flavor anything.
Hot tea, iced tea, milk, desserts, and my personal favorite, Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee Drinks – but really, pretty much anything you want!
More pumpkin inspired recipes!
- Easy pumpkin cheesecake recipe
- Pumpkin spice waffles
- Baked pumpkin oatmeal
- Pumpkin pie bites
- See all our best pumpkin recipes!
Tools we love
- Keurig coffee maker – Confession: we actually have two Keurig’s in our house. One in the kitchen and one in the office. This single brew machine makes a damn fine cup of coffee, and quickly. Also, it’s super cute. Mine are turqouise (in the office) and retro blue (in the kitchen).
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a sauce pan or microwave safe container, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Heat until sugar is fully dissolved and mixture becomes fragrant. Stir frequently.
- Continue heating for at least 5 - 10 minutes, but do not bring to a boil (if using the microwave you can do a few 3 minute cycles, stirring and allowing it to rest a bit in between).
- Filter the syrup with a few layers of cheese cloth - you will need to replace the cheese cloth a few times as the spices will clog it about 1/3 the way through.
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.