Pumpkin Pie Bites mix silky pumpkin pie with delicious gingersnap cookies to make a simple and tasty bite sized treat!
I have a deep fondness for pumpkin pie. I also have a deep fondness for cute bite sized desserts. These fun and easy Pumpkin Pie Bites combine my adoration of both to produce a delicious, and much deserved, love.
Pumpkin Pie Bites
Pumpkin Pie Bite Ingredients
- Gingerbread cookie dough – prepared (I use Betty Crocker brand)
- Pure pumpkin – Make sure you’re getting pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Sweetened condensed milk
How do you make pumpkin pie bites?
⭐ First, press gingerbread cookie dough into the bottom of a parchment lined cake pan.
⭐ Then, in a bowl combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
⭐ Next, pour pumpkin pie mix over gingerbread cookie dough and bake on center rack.
⭐ Finally, allow to cool, then cut and serve!
I made these when my parents were visiting and my dad side-eyed at them and said they smelled good, but he was skeptical. Then he ate half the pan and asked if I would make them for Thanksgiving.
(Confession: I ate the other half of the pan.)
If you can’t find (or don’t want to make) gingersnap cookie dough, any flavor will work. We’ve made it with sugar cookie, snicker doodle, and even chocolate! I haven’t found a combination I didn’t like yet.
More pumpkin recipes we love
See all our pumpkin recipes!
- Gingerbread Cookie Mix – you could totally make your own cookie mix for the bottom of these gingerbread pumpkin pie bites, but this is the mix I love. It’s seasonal, so if you’re wanting to do Christmas in July, make sure to stock up ahead.
- Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin – be sure you’re using pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix. It’s an easy mistake to make but will make a big difference in the outcome of the recipe.
- Simply Calphalon Non-Stick Baking Pans – we got these pans for our wedding and are still using them!
- Ivory Ceramic Pumpkin Serving Platter – I loooooove a good platter. Do you?
- Happy Harvest Patterned Bakery Apron – see also: apron addiction.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to make pumpkin pie bites
Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 1 package gingerbread cookie dough mix prepared per package directions (I use Betty Crocker brand)
- 1 can pure pumpkin 15 ounce
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Press gingerbread cookie dough into the bottom of a 9"x9" parchment lined cake pan.
- In a bowl combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin pie mix over gingerbread cookie dough and bake on center rack at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then cut and serve!
originally published 12-2011, 10-12-15