Warning! This is awesome, but it is VERY ZIPPY!!! If you’re making it for a group, you might want to cut the garlic by half. But if you’re like me and LOVE garlic… then this is the spread for you! Mmmmmm.
– 10 oz frozen spinach (thawed, drained, rough chopped)
– 14 oz can artichoke hearts (drained, rough chopped)
– 4 oz light cream cheese
– 6 oz light sour cream
– 1/3rd small yellow onion
– 1 scallion
– 4 cloves garlic
– 4 oz water chestnuts, chopped
– 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
– 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons brand)
Instructions:- Add spinach, artichoke and water chestnuts to a large mixing bowl. Stir together.
– Puree garlic, onion & scallion, then add to mixing bowl. Add dressing mix. Stir together.
– Add Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and sour cream. Stir well.
– Serve as a sandwich on french bread, or with tortilla chips as a dip. Enjoy!
(I know there’s mayo pictured in the ingredients, but I did not use it!)