I know it's not Summer, but I crave Vietnamese food pretty much ALL THE TIME. Well, mostly just summer rolls and pho soup. Mmmmm. I've had rice paper wrappers in my pantry for months, but always forget at least one essential item from the grocery store. Until yesterday!!! You can add just about anything you'd like, but my recipe from last night is below.
Vietnamese Summer Roll Ingredients:
- Spring/summer roll wrappers
- Rice noodles, cooked
- Shredded chicken
- Lettuce (I used a bag mix with some purple cabbage too)
- Green onion (scallion), cut lenth-wise
- Shredded carrot
- Minced mint (fresh)
- Cucumber, julienned
- optional, for dipping: Asian Style Peanut Sauce
Vietnamese Summer Roll Directions:
- Follow package directions for hydrating wrappers.
- Stuff with your ingredients - in whatever ratio you prefer!
- Roll like a burrito and set under a damp paper towel until you're ready to eat.
- Serve with my Three Ingredient Asian Style Peanut Sauce!