Easier than take-out! Our Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe made in the crockpot is simple, delicious, and only five ingredients!
Of all the slow cooker honey garlic chicken recipes out there, this one’s the best. Just ask my kids who can’t get enough!
These Easy Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs are going to wow your family. Rich with slow cooked savory garlic, sweet honey, and a touch salty. Mmmmmmm, now I’m craving it for dinner. Serve them with roasted broccoli, yum.
Honey Garlic Chicken
Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken thighs – With bone and skin.
- Seasoned salt – Whatever brand you like (we are partial to Lawry’s)
- Garlic – Whole peeled cloves.
- Honey – Any brand is fine.
- Soy sauce – If you are making this gluten-free, be sure to check labels as not all soy sauces are gluten free.
- Garnishes – Toasted sesame seeds, green onion.
How do you make honey garlic chicken in a slow cooker?
★ First, place chicken into slow cooker and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
★ Next, toss garlic cloves in, and make sure they get in between the chicken and into the crevices.
★ Then, pour honey and soy sauce over top.
★ Finally, cover and cook.
How much garlic for honey garlic chicken?
When you see how much garlic this recipe calls for, you’re going to wonder if it’s a typo. It’s not a typo. Then you’re going to wonder how on earth you’re going to come up with that much peeled garlic. I like to purchase mine pre-peeled from the grocery store.
They have smaller packages at most regular markets (in the produce section), or big bags at places like Costco and Sam’s Club. They’re so super convenient. Especially when making something like honey garlic slow cooker chicken.
Should chicken be in a single layer in the crock pot?
If you’re making a small enough batch of the slow cooker honey garlic chicken thighs, then you should go ahead and place them in a single layer. But if you’re feeding a crowd, or have a giant family like mine, then it’s not a big deal to pile them in. Just try to keep things as evenly distributed as possible.
How do you brown honey garlic chicken thighs?
If the chicken doesn’t come out browned to your liking, no big deal – just throw them on a sheet pan and under the broiler for a couple minutes. Watch closely though because you wouldn’t want all that honey garlic yumminess going to waste!
More Chicken Thigh Recipes
Crispy Chicken Thighs | Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe | Baked Honey Mustard Chicken | Sweet Sriracha Grilled Chicken | Slow Cooker Chicken Fricasee | Chicken and Teriyaki Pineapple Skewers | Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken | Satay Inspired Chicken Thighs | Italian Dressing Chicken Thighs | See all our quick chicken recipes!
More delicious Asian inspired recipes
- Healthy egg roll in a bowl
- Chow mein soup with leftover chow mein
- Quick fried rice
- See all our Asian recipes!
Complete this meal with our serving suggestions!
Tools we love
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker – This pressure cooker is fantastic because it can be used as a pressure cooker ,a slow cooker, or just a regular pot if you run out of burners! You’ve seen us use ours lots on the live show! This is the exact model we have and LOVE.
- Crock Pot Cook and Carry – If you’re not in the market for pressure cooking capabilities, this 6 quart crock pot is the way to go. Another one you’ve seen on the website many times, it’s a great basic slow cooker, but it gets bonus points for a sealing lid that allows you to travel without making a giant mess!
- Stainless Steel Spider Strainer – Sounds strange, but after you get one of these you’ll wonder how you lived without it! This big webbed scoopy thing is perfect for reaching into pots of hot liquid and removing the goodies. Like these delicious honey garlic chicken thighs, for instance!
- Slow Cooker Liners – These are like the silpats of slow cookers. Crock pot recipes are so easy, why not make the clean up a breeze too! They’re a must-have if you don’t love doing dishes. (So, pretty much for everyone).
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs with bone and skin
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 heaping cup whole peeled garlic cloves about 60 cloves
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- optional: toasted sesame seeds
- Place chicken into slow cooker and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Toss garlic cloves in, and make sure it gets in between the chicken and into the crevices.
- Pour honey and soy sauce over top.
- Cover and cook 4 - 5 hours on high or 7 - 8 hours on low.
Can you put frozen chicken in the crock pot?
You should not cook chicken from frozen in a slow cooker, according to crock pot manufacturers.
Can you put raw chicken in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can put raw chicken in a slow cooker.
How long does it take chicken to cook in a crockpot?
About 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
I don’t know about you, but I really truly immensely appreciate food that you can just throw in a pot and walk away from for hours at a time. I think that’s why I make so many soups and stews.
In the pot they go, and when I come back from my day, there’s a delicious meal just waiting for us. Short of hiring a cook, it doesn’t get a whole lot better!
This Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken recipe definitely fits in that category. And the smell it will fill your house with is kind of incredible.
Chicken, honey, garlic, a touch of soy sauce – it’s reminiscent of my favorite childhood Chinese food restaurant. It’s not really an Asian dish, but we served it with instant white rice and roasted broccoli. Mmmmmm.