Simple Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast Ingredients:
- 4 - 5 pounds beef oven roast (I used tip roast), cut into large chunks
- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 & 1/2 pounds baby carrots
- 1 large yellow (sweet) onion, cut in large chunks
- 3 packets dry ranch dressing mix (1 ounce packets)
- 1 cup hot water (OR 1 cup red wine)
- optional ingredients: celery, garlic, green beans
Simple Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast Directions:
- Mix one packet of ranch dressing mix with hot water. Place potatoes, carrots and onion at the bottom of your slow cooker and pour ranch dressing/water mix over vegetables.
- In a large bowl coat beef with remaining two packets of ranch dressing mix. Place beef over vegetables in crock pot and cover.
- Cook on high for one hour, then switch to low for approximately 8- 10 hours, or until meat reaches desired tenderness.
- Serve in a bowl, with a fork, and a side of fresh baked bread for soaking up the gravy! ENJOY!
Simple Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast Gravy:
- This method uses the ratio 2 tablespoons of flour to 1 cup of liquid. You can make as much or little as you want with this ratio in mind.
- Pour a small amount (about 2 - 3 tablespoons) of juice from your cooked roast into a sauce pan and add 2 tablespoons of flour. Whisk together over medium heat for two to three minutes.
- Slowly pour in remaining one cup of roast juice and incorporate with a whisk. Bring to a low boil and then lower heat. Simmer until gravy reaches desired consistency then salt and pepper to taste.
Shop for items used or inspired by this recipe!
- Crock Pot 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Packets
- Glazed Tuscan Soup Bowls
- "My Kitchen is for Dancing" Tea Towel