Chicken spaghetti is a cheesy delicious casserole that is an easy weeknight hit. Get it on the table in about 30 minutes!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Chicken Spaghetti Ingredients
- Spaghetti – Technically you can use whatever pasta you like, but is it really chicken spaghetti without the spaghetti?
- Chicken – Cooked and chopped or shredded. I like to use this instant pot shredded chicken.
- Condensed soup – Cream of chicken is what we usually go with, but any of the ‘cream of’ soups will work.
- Chicken broth or stock – Make your own chicken stock, use some from the store, or prepare it with a bouillon.
- Cheese – Cheddar and American, shredded.
- Spices – Garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt.
How do you make chicken spaghetti? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
⭐ Then, in a separate bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder and seasoned salt. Stir in the cheeses and the chicken.
⭐ Next, add the mixture to the pasta and mix well. Spoon the spaghetti into a casserole dish and press down gently.
⭐ Finally, bake until melty and browning on top.
Can you make chicken spaghetti ahead of time?
Yes, put it together a day in advance or the night before and bake when ready. Easy dinner, done! You can also prep ahead and freeze it (details below).
What noodles for chicken spaghetti?
Well, spaghetti of course! But truly, you can use any type of pasta you love. My kids are partial to elbow noodles.
Do you cook the noodles first?
Yes, the spaghetti needs to be cooked and drained per package directions before stirring into the casserole.
What vegetables can I add to chicken spaghetti?
I love to add a can of drained petite diced tomatoes and a bag of diced bell peppers. My kids are partial to a bag of mixed veggies (peas, carrots, and corn). The awesome thing about this recipe is most veggies added taste great!
Leftovers and storage
How long does chicken spaghetti last?
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days. Store in a covered/air-tight container for best results.
Can you freeze chicken spaghetti?
Yes! Freeze the casserole before baking. Wrap tightly in foil and then, if you will be freezing longer than a month, wrap again in plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months. Add 45 minutes (covered with foil) to bake time if baking from frozen. Remove foil and then bake remaining time uncovered.
🔥 Make it spicy by adding a dollop of sriracha or red hot sauce.
🍅 Fill it with veggies for a well rounded meal.
🍝 Try it with different shaped noodles for a fun change.
🧀 Go super cheesy by adding an extra cup of shredded cheese on top before baking.
What to eat with chicken spaghetti (serving suggestions)
I love to complement a cheesy casserole with a big fresh salad (maybe this salad with apples and blue cheese) or a side of roasted veggies like roasted brussels sprouts or roasted broccoli. For dessert maybe a bowl of yummy tropical fruit salad.
More yummy casserole recipes
- Tuna noodle casserole
- Corn casserole recipe
- Frito pie casserole
- Cheesy chicken and rice bake
- See all our casserole dinners
Try these spaghetti dishes next
- Instant pot spaghetti recipe
- Baked spaghetti casserole
- Microwave spaghetti squash
- Slow cooker spaghetti sauce
- Blender spaghetti sauce
Other chicken dishes to try
- Crack ranch chicken dip
- Buffalo chicken burger recipe
- Baked BBQ chicken legs
- Easy sweet and sour chicken
- See all our chicken dinner recipes
Tools we love
- Casserole dish with lid – I love this dish because it can go from freezer to oven!
- Cheese grater – Fresh grated cheese both tastes better and saves money.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup 10.5 ounces each
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder and seasoned salt. Stir in the cheeses and the chicken.
- Add the mixture to the pasta and mix well.
- Spoon the spaghetti into a 9x13 inch casserole dish and press down gently.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes.
Click the button above to save this recipe!