Instant pot spaghetti is the ultimate quick weeknight dinner. Dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes made with ingredients you have in your pantry!
This instant pot spaghetti recipe is simple to make (get your teen in the kitchen!) and is always a huge hit at our house. Serve it alongside a raw brussels sprouts salad, and some 3 ingredient lemon pie!
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Ingredients for Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Spaghetti – Broken into thirds.
- Ground beef – You could also use ground sausage, turkey, or chicken.
- Onion – Diced.
- Garlic – Minced.
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Spaghetti sauce
- Petite diced tomatoes – canned or fresh
- Optional garnishes – Chopped basil & grated Parmesan
How do you make spaghetti in the instant pot? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, saute ground beef and onions until beef is browned and onions are translucent. Add garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until fragrant.
⭐ Next, add spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes and water to the pot. Sprinkle the spaghetti on top, then push to submerge.
⭐ Then, cook on high pressure, quick release, then stir to combine.
⭐ Finally, season to taste and garnish with basil and grated Parmesan cheese.
Can you make instant pot spaghetti ahead of time?
This recipe is best when prepared immediately before serving.
Can I use meatballs instead of ground beef?
Absolutely! We love to toss in a pack of frozen meatballs in for a super quick dinner option. If the meatballs are frozen it may take an extra minute or two for the pot to come to pressure.
Storage and leftovers
How long will instant pot spaghetti last?
It can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days. You may need to add some extra liquid before heating it up as the pasta will continue to absorb the liquid.
Can you freeze instant pot spaghetti?
Technically yes, but odds are the noodles will be very mushy when thawed and reheated, so we don’t suggest this method.
If you do freeze the noodles, try covering with shredded mozzarella cheese and baking to reheat rather than serving as traditional spaghetti.
🟢 Make it vegetarian. Skip the ground beef and add chopped zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, eggplant, or bell peppers!
🟢 Add some spice. Throw in a few pinches of red pepper flakes for a kick.
🟢 Try it with sausage. Use mild or hot Italian sausage instead of the ground beef.
🟢 Go creamy. Stir in a block of cream cheese as soon as you release pressure and remove the lid. Yum!
More awesome instant pot recipes to try
- Classic potato salad
- Creamy ranch chicken
- Broccoli cheese soup recipe
- Instant pot honey garlic chicken
- Check out all the recipes that can be made in the instant pot!
More Italian inspired recipes
- Antipasto pasta salad
- Homemade garlic knots
- Italian sausage soup
- Puttanesca pasta
- See all of our easy Italian dinner recipes!
Tools we love
- Instant Pot electric pressure cooker – This electric pressure cooker, and my gas grill are the saving graces in our home. A delicious roast with carrots and potatoes in 45 minutes? Yes, please! You’re seriously going to love this one!
- Garlic press – Need fresh minced or sliced garlic, but don’t want to peel or chop your garlic? This garlic press is the bessssssst. We’ve had ours for as long as I can remember (maybe a wedding present?), and I use it several times a week!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti broken into thirds
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans 14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped basil & grated Parmesan optional
- Using the saute function of your Instant Pot, cook the ground beef and onions until beef is browned and onions are translucent. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Turn off the saute function and drain grease if desired.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes and water to the pot. Sprinkle the spaghetti on top, making sure to fan it out so there are no clumps. Press the spaghetti down into the liquid so that most of it is covered (it's OK if some of it pokes out a little bit).
- Cook on manual (high pressure) for 9 minutes. Quick release, then stir to combine. Season to taste and garnish with basil and grated Parmesan cheese.
- It may seem liquidy at first but it does thicken up as it sits/cools.
- Also, 9 minutes makes a softer noodle which is what my kids and I like with this recipe, I for a firmer noodle 5 - 7 minutes would work.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Click the button above to save this recipe!