Um, these Chocolate Chip Toffee Oatmeal Bars might be my favorite cookie ever. Evvvvver. They’re so easy to make, and freeze beautifully, so go ahead and make a giant batch! They’re also dairy and gluten free, so they’re the perfect treat to make for someone with food sensitivities.
Chocolate Chip Toffee Oatmeal Bar, Ingredients:
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup oat flour (How to Make Oat Flour)
- 2 cups quick cooking/instant oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- pinch of salt
Chocolate Chip Toffee Oatmeal Bar, Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a parchment lined 9×9 metal baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 – 30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. While still warm, use a sharp knife to cut into bars or squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yields about 30 cookie squares