I have been meaning to do this for a very long time now. I’ve even purchased kale for the sole purpose of making kale chips, and then gone and used it all for something else. Today, though! Today I made kale chips! And they were delicious!
Now, I’ve heard a lot of people say ‘Oh, kale chips taste just like potato chips!’ … um, no. I’m not going to lie to you. These ARE crunchy yummy and extremely satisfying. But lets not kid each other, they do not taste like potato chips. Seriously, though, I didn’t really want them to taste like potato chips anyway.
p.s. Did I mention they’re delicious?
– Olive oil
– Rinse and thoroughly dry kale (I used my salad spinner).
– Cut out any stem pieces so you’re left with only the dark green leafy bits.
– Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and mix well (I put mine back into the salad spinner without the strainer part and gave it a good shake).
– Salt lightly (also did this in the salad spinner) and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
– Bake at 300 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes (mine were perfect at 33 minutes). When they’re crispy, they’re done!