Cream Cheese dip made with only FOUR INGREDIENTS is the perfect easy dip recipe for your crackers, chips and veggies!
This cream cheese dip recipe is a staple at family get togethers ever since our friend Stacy brought hers over a few years ago. In their family it’s called White Stuff!
Cream Cheese Dip
Garlic Herb Cream Cheese Dip Ingredients
Cream cheese – For best results, allow to come to room temperature before mixing. We prefer full fat cream cheese for this dip.
Milk – Just a little, to make the dip creamy and dippable. We prefer whole milk.
Garlic Clove – Dice finely or crush a small clove with the side of your knife blade, or use a garlic press. You can use garlic powder in a pinch, but fresh is definitely better.
Seasoned Salt – Store bought or use your own homemade favorite. I love Lawry’s Seasoned Salt!
Optional Garnish – I think minced chives just make a creamy dip look extra special!
How To Make Cream Cheese Dip
First, mix everything together except the garnish (you can do it by hand, but I used my immersion blender to make it speedier).
Next, garnish to make it pretty.
Finally, serve with your favorite crackers!
Tips and Tricks
How Do You Soften Cream Cheese
Ideally, soften cream cheese by setting it on the counter about 30 minutes before you need to use it.
To soften cream cheese in a hurry, place it on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 15 seconds or so. Yeah, I forget to take it out of the fridge beforehand sometimes, too!
How Do You Thicken Cream Cheese Dip
To thicken cream cheese dip you can add some more cream cheese or some yogurt.
What Can I Substitute for Seasoned Salt
Seasoned salt comes in a variety of flavors, and everyone has their favorite. A common combination is salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powders. Some additional flavors can include red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, turmeric, or even sugar.
To substitute, start with salt and pepper, then add your favorite seasonings from the list above until you reach your desired flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Is It Good For
Cream Cheese should be used within 10 days once opened, according to Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Assuming your cream cheese dip stays refrigerated, it should be good for 4-7 days.
Store in an airtight container and be alert for any signs of mold, off color, or off smell before eating leftovers.
Can You Freeze Cream Cheese Dip
You should not freeze cream cheese dip, as dairy products (other than ice cream) do not freeze well. Thawed dairy products tend to have a poor quality taste/texture.
However, it would be safe to eat if you do have a lot of leftovers and decide to freeze it.
Can I Make It Ahead Of Time
You can make this cream cheese dip recipe ahead of time, keeping in mind that it should be consumed within a few days.
What To Dip Into Cream Cheese Dip
You can dip so many things into cream cheese dip! While I love crackers, you can always branch out.
- pita wedges
- sliced veggies
- rolled lettuce leaves
- bacon strips
- potato chips
- whatever could use a little savory kick
Is Cream Cheese Dip Healthy
Cream cheese is high in calories and fat so isn’t considered healthy, per se. However, one usually only eats a small amount at a time, so you can keep the calories down by limiting your serving size.
The choice of dipping material is also important! Sliced veggies are a healthier choice than breads, chips, or crackers.
Is Cream Cheese Dip Keto
Cream Cheese Dip is keto, due to the high fat content. It does have some carbohydrates so if you are counting you would want to consider those.
The key to keeping the cream cheese dip keto is what you choose to dip into it. Stick with above the ground veggies (leafy, not roots or tubers) to keep the carbohydrate count down.
What Can I Stir Into Cream Cheese Dip
If you want to change up the flavors on your recipe, consider adding some finely chopped veggies, like carrots or celery. Herbs and spices can also be a good addition and compliment an overall menu.
Sun dried tomatoes, for example, would compliment an Italian dinner, or some dill, lemon, and diced cucumber would be a Mediterranean flavor. One of my favorites is “everything bagel” seasoning. YUM!
What To Serve With Cream Cheese Dip
More Like This
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
- End grain cutting board – This is my absolute favorite cutting board and the one that I get the most compliments on. And p.s. I have a lot of cutting boards. It really is absolutely stunning, and knows how to take a beating. We use it every single day!
- Stick blender – Possibly the most used gadget in my entire kitchen. The key to making a hand blender useful versus a giant pain in the butt is to rinse it immediately after using. That way you’re never trying to get crusty dried goop out from under the blades.
How To Make Cream Cheese Dip
Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- optional garnish: chives minced
- Mix everything together except the garnish (you can do it by hand, but I used my immersion blender to make it speedier).
- Garnish, and serve with your favorite crackers!
- Calories are automatically generated. For best results calculate based on your exact ingredients.
- For best results, refrigerate at least one hour before serving.