Energy Balls are a great healthy snack idea! Made with just fruit and nuts, they’ll give you a clean burst of energy!
These Energy Balls made with just fruit and nuts are a great start to healthy snacking. When I was asked to work with Sunsweet® and develop a healthy snack for the New Year, I knew just what to do! Dried plums (yes, also called prunes!) and cashews come together to make a perfectly salty, sweet, bite of delicious. Why prunes, you ask? Because they’re delicious and full of fiber and great vitamins and nutrients. And also, they’re delicious. (No, seriously, have you tried one lately?)
I find that the key to staying on track with any healthy lifestyle is to make it simple. Having healthy snacks around the house means it’s easy to make the good food choices!
How to make Energy Balls
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup dried plums or other dried fruit
- Add your cashews and plums to a food processor, and pulse until you get a chunky paste (scrape down the sides as necessary). You want to still be able to see some fruit and nut chunks.
- Form the paste into bite size balls and place on parchment paper (alternately you could press into a parchment lined baking pan to make bars). The balls are easiest to make if your hands are slightly dampened (makes about 20).
- Refrigerate or freeze to set (I prefer mine in the freezer, they do not get solid, but harden up beautifully), either way works fine though!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.