This Open Face Turkey Club with Sweet Sriracha Garlic Mayo is the perfect lunch time treat!
I feel like since taking a break from bread, I’ve been on a quest to reinvent the sandwich. I love sandwiches and think they’re such a great vehicle for delivering a wide variety of complementary flavors in a single bite. They’re like the lunch casserole! Hash browns have been one of my favorite ways to enjoy a sandwich without the bread.
Open Face Turkey Club
One of my all time favorite sandwiches is the Turkey Club. I growing up ordering it nearly every time we went out for lunch.
No chicken nuggets for this gal – a turkey club piled high with turkey, lettuce, tomato, and bacon, then smothered with mayonnaise was always top on my list. Yum.
Seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Open Face Turkey Club Ingredients
Hashbrowns // one per sandwich (or toasted bread, if you want!)
Lettuce // my preference is butter lettuce
Tomato slices // as many as you like
Deli turkey, thick sliced // one or two per sandwich
Crispy bacon // one slice halved per sandwich
Sweet Sriracha Garlic Mayo // grab a bottle at the store or try our sriracha mayo recipe!
How Do You Make an Open Face Turkey Club
First, layer ingredients in the order listed.
Then, drench with Sweet Sriracha Garlic Mayo.
Finally, enjoy with your hands (prepare to be messy!) or a fork and knife.
These days my favorite sandwich hack is made with hashbrowns. I fixed today’s hashbrowns on the waffle iron, but you could use skillet hashbrowns or premade hashbrowns just as easily!
Physically they work well because you can pick the sandwich up to eat it, but they also lend a nice crunch to the meal. That said, the thing that really brings this sandwich together is the sauce. Ohhhhhhh, the sauce.
I whisked together some mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, garlic salt, and honey, and my goodness. I could not stop licking the spoon. It’s the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and heat. It’s creamy and decadent, and mmmmmmmm.
Make it. Just, stop what you’re doing and make it and slather it on whatever you’re having for lunch. Mmmmmmmm.
More Sandwich Recipes
See all our sandwich recipes!
More Turkey Recipes
Tools we love
- Le Creuset braising pan – We talked a little bit about this one already. It’s the pumped up version of the Calphalon everyday pan. A little heavier, a little taller, a little nicer. And if you have a little more money to spend, then this is for sure the one to get. It’s a beautiful pan that you’ll use day in and day out.
- End grain cutting board – This is my absolute favorite cutting board and the one that I get the most compliments on. And p.s. I have a lot of cutting boards. It really is absolutely stunning, and knows how to take a beating. We use it every single day!
- Classic Kitchenaid stand mixer – Save the best for last? Or at least the most grand. I don’t know why, but a kitchen just doesn’t feel like a kitchen without one of these bad boys tucked away on the counter. My favorite things to make in ours are ginger cookies, no churn ice cream, and shredded chicken. Yup, seriously. The Kitchenaid shreds chicken like no ones business!
How to Make an Open Face Turkey Club
Open Face Turkey Club
- Hashbrowns // one per sandwich
- Lettuce // my preference is butter lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Deli turkey thick sliced // one or two per sandwich
- Crispy bacon // one slice halved per sandwich
- Sriracha Mayo
- Layer ingredients in the order listed.
- Drench with Sriracha Mayo (see recipe link in NOTES).
This Open Face Turkey Club with Sweet Sriracha Garlic Mayo was originally developed in partnership with Mirum Shopper. All recipes and opinions are my own!
This is a great sandwich for back-to-school time because you can have all the elements ready ahead and put them together in no time at all. Perfect for busy nights with soccer practice, music lessons, and soooo much homework.
You can find other simple recipes your family will love from brands you love like Hellmann’s, Lipton, Knorr, Country Crock from Walmart at the Walmart Food Hub!