This is 100% my go-to weeknight favorite! If you’re looking for a healthy, filling and delicious dinner, this turkey chili is exactly what you need!
Turkey chili is one of my favorite chili recipes. I love our turkey chili recipe because there’s no guilt! Made with ground turkey breast, beans, veggies, and spices it comes together quickly and is great for last minute meals.
Turkey chili ingredients
- Diced tomatoes – canned diced tomatoes work great. This turkey chili is healthy and delicious, but also ridiculously easy to prepare. No need to create more work for yourself.
- Tomato paste – if you’re on Weight Watchers, this is he ingredient that will make the turkey chili 1 point as opposed to zero points. Don’t skip it, it’s also what gives the chili a deep rich flavor.
- Chili seasoning – you can make your own chili seasoning, but honestly I think McCormick does a great job, so I buy the mild chili seasoning packets (make sure to use the gluten free version if you want a gluten free chili)!
- Ground turkey breast – This turkey chili is delicious if made with regular ground turkey but also delicious and incredibly healthy if made with ground turkey breast.
- Kidney beans – just grab a can, drain, and dump it in.
- Black beans – also used canned!
- Mixed veggies – used canned for this as well, but you could use frozen or fresh too. It was a mix of peas, corn, carrots, and green beans.
- Garlic – minced garlic, fresh, canned, or from a tube. It’s all yummy.
Is turkey chili healthy?
Turkey chili is super healthy! It’s full of lean protein, fiber and antioxidants from the veggies. Turkey chili is the perfect snack or dinner that is both filling, delicious, and easy on the waistline.
My husband and kids had no idea it wasn’t regular old chili!
What to serve with turkey chili?
More amazing turkey recipes:
More chili recipes we love
Make sure to check out all the easy chili recipes we have!
Tools we love
- Garlic press – Need fresh minced or sliced garlic, but don’t want to peel or chop your garlic? This garlic press is the bessssssst. We’ve had ours for as long as I can remember (maybe a wedding present?), and I use it several times a week!
- 6.5 Quart dutch oven – This enameled cast iron dutch oven can go from stove top to oven, and look beautiful doing it. Perfect for chilis, roasts, breads, and stews. Mine is yellow, what color will you choose?
- Oil mister – This is the perfect gift for folks who want to make sure they know exactly what they’re spraying on their pans. We like to put olive oil in ours, but you could use anything from vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or whatever you like! Just pump the top a few times and it sprays a fine mist of the oil you chose.
How to make turkey chili
- 2 lbs cooked ground turkey breast
- 28 oz diced tomatoes undrained
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 packet McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 15 oz can dark red kidney beans drained
- 15 oz can black beans undrained
- 15 oz can mixed veggies drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Brown turkey breast in a large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for at least 15 minutes.
Still need more chili in your life? Check out our awesome copycat Wendy’s Chili recipe!