Oreo truffles made with just 3 simple ingredients are a delicious chocolatey bite sized dessert that everyone loves!
This Oreo Truffles recipe (sometimes called Oreo Balls) is made with just Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and chocolate melting wafers. It tastes like a bite of chocolate truffle heaven and they’re always the first dessert to disappear! Make them with cake balls for a fun neighbor treat.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Oreo Truffle Recipe
- Oreos – We used regular but you could mix it up and try vanilla, lemon, or mint for other flavors!
- Cream cheese – Softened.
- Chocolate candy melts – You could also use chocolate chips, but I find the melts harden better.
How do you make Oreo truffle balls? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, pulse cookies in a food processor until finely crumbled. Remove some cookie crumbs for topping and set aside. Add cream cheese and pulse until well blended – the mixture should look like mud.
⭐ Then, form into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Allow to chill or at least one hour. .
⭐ Next, melt chocolate candy according to package directions, and dip the Oreo balls one at a time, shaking off the excess chocolate.
⭐ Finally, while the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
Can you make Oreo balls ahead of time?
You can make the truffles up to a couple days ahead and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Serve chilled or allow to come to room temperature.
If you need to make them farther in advance, they can be frozen (scroll down to ‘Storage’ section for directions).
How do you melt the chocolate?
My preferred method for melting the chocolate is in short increments in the microwave (10 – 20 seconds, then stir). You can also use a double broiler.
Leftovers and storage
Do Oreo truffles need to be refrigerated?
These are made with cream cheese and not baked, so they should be refrigerated.
How long will they last?
They are best if enjoyed within the first day or two, but will be safe to eat for up to a week if stored in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze oreo ball truffles?
Yes, to freeze, store in an airtight container for up to 4 months. Defrost in the refrigerator.
Tips and tricks
🍪 Change up the flavors by using different Oreos like mint, vanilla, or pumpkin spice!
🌈 Switch up the colors by using different candy melts.
🥣 Put your melted chocolate in a microwave safe dish so you can rewarm it if need be.
🥶 Keep the balls from cracking my chilling them in the refrigerator before dipping and not in the freezer.
🦇 Make Halloween bat truffles by adding Oreo wings!
What to eat with Oreo truffles
We like to serve this at holiday parties along other yummy finger foods like caprese skewers, buffalo wings, air fryer mozzarella sticks, apple pie bites, and cake balls.
More delicious chocolate desserts
- Chocolate shortbread cookies
- Classic chocolate cake
- Snickers stuffed brownies
- Chocolate mousse
- See all our chocolate dessert recipes
Other awesome recipes with Oreos
Tools we love
- Ninja food processor – I have a fancy food processor, but I have to be honest, this is the one I pull out most!
- Silicone mats – Love these silicone mats, I never have to buy parchment paper anymore.
- Cookie scoop set – Makes getting the right amount every time so easy.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Oreo Truffles
- 40 Oreos divided 36/4
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 12 ounces chocolate candy melts
- Pulse 4 Oreos in a food processor until finely crumbled. Set aside.
- Pulse 36 Oreos in a food processor until finely crumbled. Add cream cheese and pulse until well blended - the mixture should look like mud.
- Form into 24 roughly 1” sized round balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Allow to chill for at least one hour.
- Melt chocolate candy melts according to package directions, and dip the oreo balls one at a time, shaking off the excess chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with reserved crumbled Oreo. Allow to set.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
These were super easy to make, I loved this recipe, it makes for the perfect recipe to make with the kids, they loved shaping them!
Paige Franklin says
I made these last weekend and they are already gone! I need to make more before Thanksgiving!
Thanks a lot for this amazing and super easy to make oreo truffles recipe! It’s really tasty and very flavorful! Will surely have this again! Highly recommended!