Pumpkin pudding is one of my favorite quick fall treats. It whips up in less than 2 minutes and requires no cooking or fancy ingredients!
If this pumpkin pudding doesn’t put a smile on your face, well then I don’t know what will! I like to enjoy it on a cool fall day after a classic club sandwich or bowl of copycat Panera broccoli cheese soup!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe!
📌 Ready to eat in just two minutes.
📌 No cooking or baking required.
📌 Delicious nostalgic fall flavors.
Pumpkin Pudding Ingredients
- Pumpkin – Canned pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling).
- Sweetened condensed milk – Canned sweetened condensed milk. This is not the same as evaporated milk.
- Vanilla – Real vanilla extract.
- Spices – Ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger. Alternatively, you can use pumpkin pie spice.
- Optional garnishes – Whipped cream, cinnamon.
How do you make pumpkin pie pudding (step-by-step)
⭐ First, in a small bowl, mix together the spices. Make sure to break up any clumps.
⭐ Then, with an electric mixer, whip together pumpkin puree, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk.
⭐ Next, add spices while continuing to mix.
⭐ Finally, portion into individual bowls and top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
Scroll down to the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this article for ingredient measurements and detailed cooking instructions.
Preparation, Storage, and Leftovers
Can pumpkin spice pudding be made ahead of time?
Yes, feel free to store this in the refrigerator in an airtight container for a few days. Mix with a spoon or fork before serving.
How long does pumpkin pudding last?
Leftovers will keep 4 – 5 days in the refrigerator. Whisk back together with a fork if separation occurs.
Can you freeze pumpkin pie pudding?
We do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
✅ Make sure you’re using pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, the cans often look similar
✅ Evaporated milk is not a substitute for sweetened condensed milk
✅ Use a scant teaspoon of our pumpkin pie spice recipe instead of the individual spices if you have it on hand.
✅ Pour the pudding into popsicle molds for pumpkin pudding pops!
What to enjoy with pumpkin pudding (serving suggestions)
Enjoy this tasty treat on a crisp autumn day after a yummy meal of chili pot pie or crockpot stuffed shells. Try a batch of air fryer roasted asparagus on the side!
More awesome pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Breakfast Waffles
- Pumpkin Oatmeal (Baked)
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Bars
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- See all our easy pumpkin recipes!
These recipes also use sweetened condensed milk
- Caramel apple cheesecake
- Magic cookie bars
- Baked lemon pie
- Coffee jelly
- All our recipes with sweetened condensed milk!
Tools we love
- Electric mixer – You’ll want an electric mixer for beating the pudding to the proper consistency.
- Ceramic bowls– there is literally no such thing as too many bowls. I heart bowls. So much.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Pumpkin Pudding
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree 15 ounces
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅙ teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnishes Whipped cream, cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices. Make sure to break up any clumps.
- Use an electric mixer to whip together pumpkin puree, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add spices while continuing to mix.
- Portion into individual bowls and top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- Swap spices for 1 scant teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Cooking on a Dime says
Oh now I am excited about pumpkin season. I love pumpkin everything! I am definitely going to have to try this!
Yum this sounds delicious! I can't wait for fall!
Top Cuisine avec Lavi says
this looks fabulous!!! I'm so excited to start making pumpkin everything!!!
My family makes fun of me because I never eat the crust. Now, I won’t have to even worry about it. Thank you!!
I was looking for something to make with leftover condensed sweeten milk and this was PERFECT! So delicious!
Like pumpkin pie without the crust! Great lower cal option and so delicious looking!
Yum!! This was totally a hit at our house!
Megan Borjon says
What can I substitute the sweetened condensed milk with
I have been looking for something like that for years… I eye-ball every ingrédients and it turns out great. il Thanks
In your instructions you neglected to explain what to do with the vanilla extract.
April Woods says
Oh no, good catch! All fixed 🙂