Roasted asparagus is so simple to make and is both healthy and delicious. Oven roasted asparagus is a great addition to almost any meal!
Roasted asparagus is a summer favorite in our family. I learned this when one summer we had a barbecue and my friend Meaghan oven roasted asparagus for us! Ever since then we’ve been making roasting asparagus in the oven like crazy!
We like to broil flank steak to go along with our roasted asparagus and serve it with key lime pie for dessert. This asparagus is divine on its own, or if you want to make it even fancier, drizzle some hollandaise sauce over it. But beware, it will probably get you a promotion or proposal, so just be prepared. It’s that awesome.
Roasted Asparagus Ingredients
Asparagus – you’re going to want to use fresh asparagus for this roasted asparagus recipe. Canned or frozen will end up mushy and unpalatable if prepared in the oven.
Salt – a good coarse kosher salt works best.
Olive oil – the type of olive oil you use will be a matter of preference. We love a bold flavored olive oil!
Hollandaise sauce – this is totally optional, but hollandaise sauce and asparagus go together like peanut butter and jelly. So delish!
How long do you cook asparagus in the oven at 350?
You cook asparagus in the oven at 350 for about fifteen minutes. This will vary slightly depending how much asparagus you are roasting, how large the asparagus is that you are roasting, and how tender you like your asparagus to turn out.
Fifteen minutes at 350 degrees is the perfect place to start for oven roasted asparagus.
How do you prepare asparagus for roasting?
To prepare asparagus for roasting you’ll want to rinse it thoroughly and then allow it to drip dry. Remove the woody ends, then drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
How do you cook asparagus so it’s tender?
You cook asparagus so it’s tender by roasting it in the oven for about fifteen minutes at 350 degrees. This is the simplest and most flavorful way to prepare asparagus. Asparagus can also be steamed, or sauteed, but the result won’t be nearly as delicious.
More awesome vegetables recipes
Roasted asparagus making tools
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
- Knife sharpener – Let me tell you about this knife sharpener! I won it at a conference almost ten years ago, and I still use it several times a week. It’s one of my go-to housewarming gifts and everyone I know just loves it.
- Oil mister – This is the perfect gift for folks who want to make sure they know exactly what they’re spraying on their pans. We like to put olive oil in ours, but you could use anything from vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or whatever you like! Just pump the top a few times and it sprays a fine mist of the oil you chose.
How to make Roasted Asparagus
- fresh asparagus
- olive oil
- basic spice rub or Montreal Steak Seasoning (or other basic seasoning or rub you love!)
- optional: Hollandaise Sauce
- Rinse asparagus and cut about half an inch off the ends.
- Place in an oven safe dish and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with the seasoning (here's our spice rub recipe) and not quite as liberally with the salt. Give a good toss about to make sure all those suckers are coated.
- Roast uncovered at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes.