A strawberry daiquiri made with ripe frozen strawberries, fresh lime juice, sugar, and white rum is the perfect cool-down treat!
Strawberry Daiquiri Ingredients
- Strawberries – Frozen. You can freeze your fresh strawberries, or purchase a bag already frozen. Just make sure the strawberries are nice and ripe so you get a good strawberry flavor.
- Rum – We like white rum for this recipe.
- Lime juice – Fresh limes work best but you can use bottled lime juice if you’re in a pinch.
- Sugar – Powdered sugar (also called confectioners sugar or icing sugar).
- Garnishes – Strawberry and lime wedges, granulated sugar for the rim, basil, mint, jalapeno.
How do you make frozen strawberry daiquiris? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, add frozen strawberries to your blender. By using frozen fruit instead of ice, you get a super flavorful and not watered down drink.
⭐ Next, add rum, fresh lime juice, and powdered sugar.
⭐ Then, blend until you hit a smooth slushie texture.
⭐ Finally, add fresh strawberries, water, or additional rum as needed to reach desired consistency.
Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri
To make the virgin (non-alcoholic) version of this recipe, just swap the rum for ginger-ale, sprite, or water. Yum!
Scroll down to the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this article for ingredient measurements and detailed cooking instructions.
Can you make strawberry daiquiris ahead of time?
Totally! If you want to still serve them frozen, then prepare the blended mixture and store it flat in a freezer safe gallon bag in the freezer.
When you’re ready to serve, pull it out of the freezer and run warm water over the bag, manipulating it with your hands until it’s returned to a slushie consistency. You can also pop it back into the blender for a moment.
What type of sugar for strawberry daiquiris?
Powdered sugar works best in this type of drink because it dissolves quickly and completely and mixes throughout easily.
Granulated sugar can be used, if you don’t have powdered. If using granulated sugar, you can make a simple syrup (1:1 water: sugar) to be sure the sugar dissolves fully.
What kind of alcohol for strawberry daiquiri recipe?
Traditionally the recipe calls for white rum. White rum is light bodied with a soft, sweet taste and is also seen in cocktails like the mojito and pina colada.
Leftovers and storage
How long do leftover daiquiris last?
You can keep the leftovers in a pitcher in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days, or in the freezer indefinitely.
Can you freeze leftover daiquiri mix?
For sure, just pour melted remaining daiquiri mix into a freezer safe air-tight container. Alternatively, pour mix into an ice cube tray and use it to cool/flavor your white wine!
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
🍷 Try making it with different alcohols – I love the flavor of a rich tequila, or let the strawberries shine with a flavorless vodka.
👙 Pour leftovers into a popsicle mold for a grownup poolside treat later.
🍃 Muddle in some fresh basil for a strawberry basil margarita, or some fresh mint for a strawberry mint margarita.
🔥 Add a slice or two of fresh jalapeno to the bottom of the glass for a spicy strawberry margarita.
More delicious drink recipes
- Italian soda recipe
- Tequila sunrise
- Pineapple margaritas
- Frozen mango margarita
- Grapefruit margarita
- Classic margarita recipe
- See all our drink recipes!
Other yummy strawberry recipes
- Strawberry spinach salad recipe
- Strawberry poke cake
- Strawberry breakfast rolls
- Strawberry and chocolate fudge
- Strawberry shortcake ice cream cake
Tools we love
- High powered blender – This Ninja blender is my favorite ever. Reasonably priced and blends like a beast.
- Hurricane glasses – Is it even a cocktail if it isn’t served in a fabulous glass?
How to Make Strawberry Daiquiris
- 1 bag frozen strawberries 10 ounces
- 2 ounces white rum
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- optional garnish Strawberry and lime wedges, granulated sugar for the rim, basil, mint, jalapeno.
- Add frozen strawberries to your blender. By using frozen fruit instead of ice, you get a super flavorful and not watered down drink.
- Add rum, lime juice, and powdered sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Finish by blending in fresh strawberries, water, or additional rum as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Serve immediately with your favorite garnishes.
Check out our collection of margarita recipes for even more drink ideas!