Pizza dip is an ooey gooey hot cheesy appetizer made with three cheeses and chock full of pepperoni. Quick to make, even quicker to disappear!
Whether you bake this pizza dip recipe in the oven or let it cook in the crockpot, it’s definitely going to be your new party favorite! Try it alongside a batch of Italian beef.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Pizza Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese – Softened, full fat works best.
- Pepperoni – Small diced, reserve some whole for topping.
- Spaghetti sauce – Grab your favorite jar of spaghetti marinara sauce or make spaghetti sauce in the blender or spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker.
- Mozzarella cheese – Shredded.
- Parmesan – Grated.
- Optional – Garlic salt, fresh basil.
How do you make baked pizza dip
⭐ First, combine cream cheese, diced pepperoni, spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan. Beat until mixed well.
⭐ Next, spread cream cheese mixture into a baking dish. Top with remaining cheese, then whole pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with garlic salt (or garlic powder).
⭐ Then, bake in a preheated oven until cheese is hot and melted through, and pepperoni is crisping around the edges.
⭐ Finally, serve with crackers, bread sticks, or garlic toast.
Can you make pepperoni pizza dip ahead of time?
You can make a day or two ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Make sure to cover tightly when storing.
What type of cheese for pizza dip?
We use a combination of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and cream cheese, but you can use whatever you love! This would also be great with provolone cheese, ricotta cheese, or pecorino!
What add-ins for the best pizza dip?
I am (obviously) partial to a dip topped with pepperoni, but this recipe is great with whatever you like on a regular pizza! My husband is a fan of meat-lovers style with Italian sausage and bacon, while I tend toward veggie style with onion, peppers, and olives and some Italian seasonings or fresh basil on top.
Leftovers and storage
How long does pizza dip last?
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days, or in the freezer for up to a month. Store in an airtight container for best results.
Can you freeze pizza dip?
Yes, it can be frozen either before or after baking. To freeze before baking, follow the instructions up to the point of when you would put it in the oven. Cover with an airtight lid, or wrap tightly in two layers of foil. You can freeze for 1 – 2 months before quality will begin to deteriorate.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bake per recipe directions.
Can you bake it from frozen?
To bake our pizza dip recipe from frozen, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Then remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
Crockpot pizza dip
To make this in a crock pot or slow cooker, beat together cream cheese, diced pepperoni, spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan. Spread mixture into the crockpot. Top with remaining mozzarella, then whole pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
Cover and turn on heat until cheese is melty. Serve with crackers, bread sticks, or garlic toast.
Pizza dip toppings and add-ins
🥓 Bacon (see how we cook bacon in the oven)
🐄 Ground beef
🌭 Crumbled sausage
🧄 Roasted garlic
🌶 Sweet peppers
🧂 Red pepper flakes
What to eat with pizza dip (serving suggestions)
We like to serve this pepperoni dip at parties alongside fried pickles, stuffed mushrooms, and taquitos. Use sliced French bread baguette slices, tortilla chips, bagel chips, or homemade crackers to scoop it up. Or get super meta and use pepperoni chips!
For dessert, keep the theme going with this fruit pizza recipe.
More yummy dips to try
- Crack chicken dip recipe
- Chili cheese dip recipe
- Hot spinach artichoke dip
- See all our easy party dips!
Other awesome pizza recipes
- French bread pizza
- Pizza crescent rolls
- Pizza made with Bisquick
- BBQ chicken pizza
- White pizza flatbread
- Easy pizza dough recipe
- See all our pizza recipes!
Tools I love
- Casserole dish with lid – Hands down my favorite casserole dish. It can go from freezer to oven!
- Electric mixer – Love this guy, total workhorse.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni small diced
- 16 whole slices of pepperoni for topping
- 12 ounces spaghetti sauce about ½ a jar
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 1 cup reserved
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Optional: garlic salt fresh basil
- With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, diced pepperoni, spaghetti sauce, 3 cups of mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Spread mixture into an 8x8" casserole dish or large pie plate. Top with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella, then remaining whole pepperoni slices. If desired, sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake at 425F for about 20 minutes until cheese is hot, bubbly, and melted through, and pepperoni is crisping around the edges.
- Serve with crackers, bread sticks, or garlic toast.
- Beat together cream cheese, diced pepperoni, spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan. Spread mixture into the crockpot.
- Top with remaining mozzarella, then whole pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Cover and turn on heat until cheese is melty (at least one hour on low).
Click the button above to save this recipe!