This delicious (DELICIOUS) recipe was heavily inspired by my bloggy friend (I hope she doesn’t mind me calling her that), Maria Melee. She tweeted her version of the recipe and I just knew I had to run out and get some artichokes for myself!
– One large artichoke
– Italian breadcrumbs, 1/2 – 3/4ths cup
– Lemon, 1/2
– Olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon
– Trim the stem off of the artichoke so you have a flat bottom and trim about one inch from the top of the artichoke.
– Pull leaves away from each other a bit, so you can see some space between the leaves.
– Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon over the top, then drizzle the olive oil over as well.
– Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top and pull leaves away again so the breadcrumbs settle toward the bottom of each leaf.
– Place artichoke in a microwave friendly bowl with about one inch of water at the bottom. Cover and microwave for ten minutes on high power.
– Allow to rest for two minutes, then enjoy!!!
WANT TO MAKE IT DINNER PARTY READY???
– After it’s done in the microwave, sprinkle some shredded Parmesan cheese over the top and put the artichoke under your oven’s broiler for about a minute, or until the cheese browns and bubbles.