I have to apologize (profusely) for these hideous pulled pork pictures. I was very (very very very) new to this blogging thing when I wrote up and published this article and honestly had no idea how to take a decent food picture. I am slowly going back through my archives and replacing these gnarly old shots with ones that reflect how truly delicious the food is! And this bad boy is no exception.
So if you can see fit to look past the disastrous photography, I believe you will adore this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. It's savory and sweet and just melts in your mouth. I literally stand by the crock pot and sneak nibbles out before dinner when we make this. It's just *so* good!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, Ingredients:
- 1 pork butt roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Directions:
- Place the pork in slow cooker and sprinkle the roast on all sides with Worcestershire sauce. Then press brown sugar coating on all sides of the pork. Pour the apple juice down the side of the crock-pot to the bottom, being sure not to drizzle it on the crusted meat. Cover.
- Cook on high 6-8 hours or low 10-12 hours.
- Remove bone and shred meat with a fork.
- Stir in the salt and enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by Shirley Corriher, author of Cookwise (Canada, UK)