Italian Beef is a great easy dinner idea! Serve it on it’s own or as Italian Beef Sandwiches.
This Italian beef is a stand-by for potlucks and big parties. Simple to make, but always a big hit, it’s packed with delicious flavor. And bonus, you can make it ahead of time and freeze until party day. She hits, she scores!
Italian Beef, Ingredients:
- 32oz beef broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp powdered onion
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons brand)
- 8lb bottom round roast cut into quarters and slightly de-fatified (yes, I totally made that word up)
Italian Beef, Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except meat and bay leaves. Whisk together and pour over meat into slow cooker.
- Pour seasoned broth mix over meat and add bay leaves. Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaves, and shred meat with a fork.
- Serve on French Bread with provolone cheese. (And for a really authentic flavor, dip the whole sandwich into the broth immediately prior to serving.) YUM.
- Open Faced Italian Chicken Sandwich
- Italian Sloppy Joes
- Balsamic Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- Easy Italian Antipasto Salad
- Slow Cooker Italian Shredded Beef
- Pepperoni Pizza Baked Ziti
- Sausage and Pepper Stuffed Shells
- Easy Crescent Pizza Bites
- Two Minute Garlic Knots
- Slow Cooker Marinara Spaghetti Sauce
- Sausage and Peppers Flatbread
Recipe inspired by Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.