Enter: butter, cheese and bacon.
- Small round potatoes (I used the red kind)
- Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Shredded cheese
- Boil the potatoes for about 45 minutes, until fork tender. (You can do this ahead of time. I did it a couple days before the party and then kept the potatoes in a large tupperware in the fridge.)
- Allow potatoes to cool in the water (so they won't dry out).
- Spread the potatoes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or greased), with room inbetween for them to spread when you smash. I suggest using a cookie sheet with sides (or the bottom of your broiling pan) so the cheesy goodness doesn't ooze onto the bottom of your oven.
- Smash each potato (a potato masher works best, but you could also use a tenderizer, glass, or even your fist).
- Top each potato with a small pat of butter, a sprinkling of crumbled bacon and a smattering of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.