This Easy Pecan Pie was my very first pie attempt ever! And it came out great!!! It will surely be making regular holiday appearances at our house from here on out.
Easy Pecan Pie, Ingredients:
- 9 inch refrigerated pie shell
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 cup smashed pecans
- a dash of salt
Easy Pecan Pie, Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put pie shell in pie dish (preferably glass) and prick with a fork all over.
- Bake shell for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and eggs and stir with an electric mixer until thoroughly mixed. Fold in pecans.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for approximately 45 minutes, do not over bake, pie will set as it cools.
*I made mine the night before and then put it in the warm (but not on) oven after the turkey was done to heat up a bit for dessert. It was perfect!