Chicken Soup Ingredients:
- 10 to 12 cups chicken stock (homemade is best, but packaged would work okay too)
- 2 cups rough chopped celery
- 2 cups rough chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 1/2 cups corn (canned is fine)
- 4 large pinches dried parsley flakes
- shredded meat from one roasted chicken
- egg noodles (scroll down for recipe)
- salt & pepper to taste
Chicken Soup Directions:
- Combine ingredients, except chicken and noodles, in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 2 -3 hours, until carrots are tender.
- Bring back to a boil and add chicken and egg noodles (recipe below). Cook for an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and serve!
Egg Noodle Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 eggshell of milk
- dash of salt
Egg Noodle Directions:
- Put flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add eggs, milk and salt to well and whisk together until dough forms.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface, very thin and cut into shapes or noodles. (If you don't have cookie cutters, get creative. I raided my kids' toy chest to find fun shapes!)
- Drop into soup, cook & enjoy!
*If you want to freeze the noodles, allow them to dry out overnight and then store in a freezer-safe container.