This 'Loaded Burger Skewers and Hot Wings for Game Day Parties!' and article was developed for Collective Bias and Tyson. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #GameTimeHero #CollectiveBias
Game Day is every day this time of year. With my football fanatic household, we're all glued to the sports station and counting down the days to our yearly BIG GAME PARTY and the start of flag football. Okay, I'm not glued to the tv. I'm busying myself in the kitchen thinking up new ways to keep the boys' bellies full. Hey, we all have our passions!
A favorite combo in our home is chicken wings and burgers, so when I was at Walmart a few days ago, I grabbed some ready made Tyson wings from the deli, a pack of frozen burger patties, and some fixins. At home I raided the tomato plant (can you believe it's still going in January?!) and then headed into the kitchen.
This wings and burger tray came together almost as fast as it was devoured. My son raided the food before Dad got home and announced, "DAD, you almost missed the BEST LUNCH EVER!" when he walked through the door.
I served these hot wings and burger skewers with a choice of blue cheese, ketchup, mustard, curry mustard, and (my new favorite condiment) chipotle mayo.
Loaded Burger Skewer, Ingredients:
- frozen hamburger patties (or meatballs)
- cherry tomatoes
- cheese, cubed
- red onion, chopped
- mushrooms, sliced
- optional: jalapeno slices
Loaded Burger Skewer, Directions:
- Prepare your skewers first so the burgers can be added quickly at the end and served hot! Layer tomato, onion, mushroom, then cheese on each skewer.
- When the skewers are prepped, season the burger patties to your liking (I used a little bit of seasoned salt), then throw under the broiler for 3 minutes on each side.
- Quarter the cooked burger patties and stab each quarter with a skewer.
- Serve with deli wings and your choice of dipping sauces!