We had so much fun making these coal treats - the Josie and Stephen thought it was hilarious and couldn't wait to "trick" people. As for flavor, these are about a billion times better than the regular version. And that's coming from someone who loves the original! They're just so cookies and cream and delicious, The Oreos really add a great dimension of flavor.
Rice Krispies Coal Treats come together quickly and are a great recipe to get the little ones involved in. My four year old did pouring and stirring, while my six year old taste tested the marshmallows and Oreos. Hah!
Rice Krispies Cookies and Cream COAL Treats, Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 cup crushed Oreos (use a food processor for best results)
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal (or generic equivalent)
Rice Krispies Cookies and Cream COAL Treats, Directions:
- On medium-low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and reduce heat to low.
- Stir constantly until marshmallows are fully melted (this will take a bit, but it's important to do it on low heat).
- Add Oreos and cereal, and mix well. Form into balls and set on parchment paper or silpat and allow to set.