Classic Zucchini Bread filled with pecans (and sometimes chocolate chips!) is a simple but delicious recipe to use up your summer zucchini crop.
Are you looking at this beautiful picture of zucchini bread and thinking - what is going on? April doesn't bake... did you just scan the recipe ingredient list with your jaw aslack wondering where all the cake mix and bisquick is??? Not to worry, the sky isn't falling and I haven't all the sudden taken up baking (although, one day I would love to try!).
Rather, we have the wonderfully talented Melissa from Persnickety Plates here regaling us with her mad baking skills. I'm so excited to have Melissa here, so I hope you'll all give her the warmest of welcomes. And tell her she should come back again too! Heaven knows I'm not going to start baking like this any time soon. Hah!
Hi Guys! I'm Melissa and I blog over at Persnickety Plates. I try to catch nearly every one of April's live shows and noticed that baking isn't her favorite, so I decided to whip up some Zucchini Bread for you. Given the choice, I would choose baking over cooking any day. I typically have all the ingredients I need on hand, it's more enjoyable to me, and um, the end result? Gimme all the baked goods!
I love baking with zucchini - it makes for a really moist bread (or cookie or muffin...) without adding any flavor. Plus, it's a vegetable so it helps me justify eating way more than I should. This recipe makes two loaves - plenty to share (or not). I added mini chocolate chips to one, in addition to the pecan chips, and left the other one "plain".
Classic Zucchini Bread
Serves: 2 loaves
Classic Zucchini Bread, Ingredients:
- 2 cups grated zucchini (this was two smallish zucchinis for me)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecan chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
Classic Zucchini Bread, Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and lightly flour two loaf pans. Set aside.
- Grate your zucchini and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and beat with a whisk.
- Slowly whisk in the sugar then the oil.
- In another large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir together. It will be thick.
- Pour in the grated zucchini, vanilla, and pecan chips. Stir together.
- Pour half of the batter into one of prepared loaf pans.
- If desired, add mini chocolate chips to the remaining batter then pour into other loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly then run a knife around the edges of the pan and flip the loaves out. Slice & enjoy!
Come say 'Hi!' - you can find me (Melissa!) on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I'll make you a cookie!
Shop our Amazon affiliate links to make sure you have everything you need for this recipe!
- Pyrex loaf pan
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable oil
You might also enjoy: