This easy Apple Walnut Fritter Bread recipe is the perfect quick bread to serve at breakfast or dessert!
Something I really love about my job as a recipe developer and food blogger is the unique opportunity to connect and partner with talented people from all over the world. I know you’re looking at this gorgeous Apple Walnut Fritter Bread and thinking – there’s no way April made that. And of course, you’re totally right. This decadent quick bread recipe comes hot out of the oven from my friend Wendie at Butter Your Biscuit!
Life lesson, folks – know your weaknesses. Mine is definitely baking. I have a few fantastic made-from-scratch recipes, but they were hard earned wins. And while one day, I’d love to undertake the work necessary to learn this skill, for now we’ll just go ahead and invite other brilliant folks to share their delicious baked goods here. So without further ado, let’s pass the baton to Wendie. Yay!
Hi there! It’s Wendie from Butter Your Biscuit and I am so excited to be here, it is actually my first guest posting. I am so grateful that April invited me. I hope you all, love this recipe my family just devours it.
I was never a fan of Fall at all, when I was a kid, it meant “the end of summer” and back to the books! But now as an adult I love Fall. It means the windows are open leaves are falling and around here lots of acorns. Plus apples, apples, and more apples. Just up the hill from me is a place called Apple Hill, we go every year. Not only can you get boxes of apples but they have every apple baked goodie that you can think of. Apple jelly, apple donuts, pies, breads, fritters, caramel apples, fresh cider, just to name a few it is an amazing place to visit.
One can never have enough apple recipes, every year I seem to accumulate more. This cinnamon bread recipe is fantastic. It is packed with lots of swirls of cinnamon and slightly tart apples, topped with crunchy walnuts, and a sweet glaze drizzled over the top. And the aroma that fills your house with the cinnamon and apples baking. Pure heaven!
This Apple walnut fritter bread is a perfect breakfast or dessert, for the cool Autumn months that are fast approaching.
Shop this recipe with our Amazon affiliate links!
- Paper loaf pans – perfect for gifting
- Decorative paper gift tags
- Pearl Nora Fleming Bread Dish
- Decorative flatware service set
Apple Walnut Fritter Bread, Ingredients:
- Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Apple mixture
- 2 Granny Smith Apples diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Apple Walnut Fritter Bread, Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl mix diced apples with sugar and cinnamon and set aside
- In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time just until blended, add vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk flour and baking powder together, then add to wet mixture and whisk just until blended. Whisk in milk just until smooth.
- Pour half the mixture into the loaf pan. Add half of the brown sugar mixture then half of the apples, gently pat into batter.
- Add the rest of the batter into the loaf pan spreading gently with a spatula, followed by the remaining apples, walnuts and remaining brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the glaze- Whisk powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl until combined.
- Let cool 15 minutes on baking rack, drizzle with glaze.
You may also enjoy: