I need to get something off my chest. It pains me to call these potatoes “red potatoes” when they’re CLEARLY PURPLE. Also, the onions. CLEARLY PURPLE! Why? Whyyyyyyyy, do we call them red? It goes entirely against my sensibilities.
Phew, now that I have that off my chest. This is such a fun and easy recipe! If you have a mandolin, the dish looks so fancy that even though it’s totally simple weeknight fare, you could absolutely bring it to a dinner party. Garlic and onions are basically my favorite cooking base. I know the official trifecta of cooking is onions, carrots, and celery but I would beg to disagree on that one because I strongly believe the true trifecta is onions, garlic, and olive oil. You could disagree with me, but then you’d be wrong.
We served these Onion and Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes with a yummy one-pot Cheesy Broccoli Chicken bake. I was able to cook it all in the oven at the same time so dinner was on the table in one fell swoop. WIN.
Onion and Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes, Ingredients:
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- seasoned salt
Onion and Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes, Directions:
- Slice or chop potatoes and onions evenly (I used a mandolin to get them done quick, also it’s pretty!).
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, onions and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil until everything is lightly coated and sprinkle generously with seasoned salt.
- Arrange in a baking dish (I used a cast iron pan, but any oven safe dish will work), and roast at 400 degrees for 60 – 70 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and getting crispy on the edges.
For the main part of our meal, I made Cheesy Broccoli Chicken with Campbell’s Dinner Sauces. It was super easy, and delicious because – hello, CHEESE. We love Campbells, even the most experienced cooks can use a little help in the kitchen on a weeknight – Campbell’s® Sauces get dinner started with the sauce and you finish the rest. The best part is, there’s plenty leftover. We used the extra chicken for lunch quesadillas!
I’m a big fan of the Campbell’s sauces, they are simple to prepare, a finished sauce for a complete end dish, and dinner in 3 easy steps! Campbell’s Sauces comes in varieties for Slow Cooker, Skillet, Oven and Grill Sauces. Before you go, make sure to check out these other awesome recipes of mine that feature Campbell’s!
- Cheesy Grits and Shrimp
- Grilled Cheese Perfection
- Chicken Marsala Pizza
- Apple Bourbon BBQ Pork Crescents
- Green Bean Chicken Casserole
You can find even more about Campbell’s new products and delicious Campbell recipes at their website and follow them on Twitter at @Campbells!