Apple Cider Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting is the perfect simple dessert recipe to celebrate the fall season.
Pumpkin may be the pretty pretty princess of the season, but let’s just take a moment to acknowledge The Queen. Oh, hayyyyyyyy. How about them apples? Seriously though. Apples, amiright? Let’s make us some Apple Cider Cupcakes, yo!
These delicious fruits have been ushering in fall since time itself and they’re just not about to walk off the stage because some cute ginger has caught everyone’s eye. And why should they? There’s room enough for everyone and today, apple cider – the original fall flavor – is getting her due.
These Apple Cider Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting are incredibly simple to put together and will bowl over your friends every time. Sweet and spiced with a touch of salt in the caramel. Yes. Yes, this needs to happen in your kitchen.
Speaking of queens, I’m queen of the kitchen hacks, so you know we’re using a box cake mix today with some extra added deliciousness.
Did you know that if you beat cake mix with an electric mixer for a minute or two it incorporates air into the batter and makes the cake extra light and fluffy?
We also used a can of vanilla icing with a little something extra added. This recipe really couldn’t get any simpler. A large star tip on the icing bag gave us these beautiful roses and a dash of gold sprinkles finished them off with the most elegant look.
They’re almost too pretty to eat. But since nothing delicious is *actually* too pretty to eat, make sure you have a few.
Most of these cupcakes are elegant and beautiful, but I did put a few aside for some Halloween fun, because everyone needs a killer cupcake at least once in their lives.
I’m pretty sure something like 32% of all Halloween horror films have at least one scene filmed in an apple orchard. So it seemed appropriate.
Shop this recipe with our Amazon affiliate links:
- Betty Crocker Baking Supermoist Cake Mix
- Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Drink Mix
- Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Frosting
- Kraft America’s Classic Caramels
- Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip
- Culinary Parchment Baking Cups
- Wilton Gold Pearlized Sprinkles Mix
Apple Cider Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting, Ingredients:
- one box vanilla cake mix
- ingredients to prepare boxed cake mix
- 5 packets spiced apple cider drink mix
- 1 and 1/2 cups caramel candy cubes
- 1 container vanilla icing
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt (taste as you go)
Apple Cider Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting, Directions:
- Add apple cider drink mix to box cake mix and prepare cupcakes per package directions.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Melt caramel candies in the microwave (cook in 20 second increments and stir between, until melted through), it should yield approximately 1 cup when melted.
- In a bowl, combine vanilla icing and melted caramel. Add salt. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for at least 10 – 15 minutes, until icing is cool enough to hold its form.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!