This is a second-day dish in our house. Meaning, on the first day I make Clay Cooker Chicken & Brown Rice (just substitute brown rice for the couscous). And on the second day, I use the leftovers to make Chicken Fried Rice. Mmmmmm… It’s fantastic!
– Leftover chicken, chopped
– Leftover rice
– Eggs (1-3 depending on how much rice you have left)
– Olive oil
– Soy sauce (to taste, you may not need this if you seasoned it heavily, originally)
– Diced/minced carrots
– Diced/minced onion
– Diced tomatoes (I use canned)
Directions:- Heat olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan) in a wok or a large skillet.
– If using, add carrots and onion to skillet and cook until tender.
– Add leftover chicken and rice to skillet, and cook until thoroughly heated. Add soy sauce, to taste. Stir often so rice does not burn and stick.
– When rice is hot, crack eggs into pan and stir, slowly, until egg is cooked through.