Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are a new family favorite in our house. You’re going to want to add this simple skewer recipe to your meal plan!
I’m calling it. Officially. This is the new family favorite. Ohhhh my goodness, these Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs came out so incredibly amazingly good. I want to invite people over just so I can make it for them and we can talk about how good they are and eat more and be merry ohhhhh yessssss. So good.
I almost wasn’t able to get pictures of the teriyaki kebabs because as soon as I brought them in from the grill my family tore into them!
Have I mentioned they’re really good? Like, impress your mother-in-law good. Legit good. Wowza.
The combination of dark juicy chicken meat, sweet pineapple, and a little bite from the onion, all pulled together with delicious teriyaki sauce – it’s almost too much. Except it isn’t. Mmmmmm.
This recipe is really simple, but does take a little time to put together. While the chicken is marinating, might I suggest playing dress up with your four year old and having an impromptu fashion photo shoot? She’ll love you for it.
My chicken grilling method is very different than how I like to do steak. With chicken we suggest a medium heat grill and lots of basting. Rotate often to achieve even cooking and too keep more of the delicious juices in the meat. It takes a little longer than using a screaming hot grill, but you’ll be glad you took the time!
Grilling is one of my absolute favorite past times lately and I’m embarassed to admit that I really didn’t do much of it until this past year. We’re making up for the lost time though by grilling at least once (usually more!) a week. Once upon a time I was a die hard charcoal gal, but these days I’m a huge fan of the convenience of propane.
The teriyaki sauce we used actually has sesame seeds in it already, but I feel like adding them at the end again (or for the first time) really finishes the dish off nicely. And the fresh green onion, while not strictly necessary lends a nice bright flavor and beautiful pop of color. If you’re serving this to guests, definitely don’t skip the garnishes!
- Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce
- Farberware BBQ Bamboo Skewers
- Mccormick Sesame Seed, 16-Ounce
- OXO Good Grips ProfessionalSantoku Knife
How to make Teryaki Chicken Kabobs
Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are a new family favorite in our house. You're going to want to add this simple kebab recipe to your meal plan!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Teriyaki sauce 20 ounces
- 1 large red onion
- 1 fresh pineapple
- optional garnish: sesame seeds green onion
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and cover with about half the teriyaki sauce. Mix well and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes. Reserve remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Cut pineapple and onion into bite sized pieces.
- Put chicken, onion, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating pattern.
- Cook over a medium heat grill, turning and basting every 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
Make sure you’re following me on Facebook for regular food and family updates!