Classic Zucchini Bread filled with pecans (and sometimes chocolate chips!) is a simple but delicious recipe to use up your summer zucchini crop.
This recipe makes two loaves – plenty to share (or not). I added mini chocolate chips to one, in addition to the pecan chips, and left the other one “plain”.
Classic Zucchini Bread, Ingredients:
- 2 cups grated zucchini (this was two smallish zucchinis for me)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecan chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
Classic Zucchini Bread, Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and lightly flour two loaf pans. Set aside.
- Grate your zucchini and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and beat with a whisk.
- Slowly whisk in the sugar then the oil.
- In another large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir together. It will be thick.
- Pour in the grated zucchini, vanilla, and pecan chips. Stir together.
- Pour half of the batter into one of prepared loaf pans.
- If desired, add mini chocolate chips to the remaining batter then pour into other loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly then run a knife around the edges of the pan and flip the loaves out. Slice & enjoy!
Shop our Amazon affiliate links to make sure you have everything you need for this recipe!
- Pyrex loaf pan
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable oil