Battered and Fried Pickles just like at the state fair, but easy to make at home! You’ll love this simple Easy Fried Pickles Recipe!
If there are two things that go together, it’s got to be pickles and pregnancy! Have I mentioned I’m (very) pregnant? So, when I had the sudden insatiable desire for easy fried pickles at nine o’ clock last night, I totally indulged.
Because, if not now, then when! They came out really awesome and I think you’ll love this simple fried pickle recipe. And P.S., you don’t have to wait for pregnancy to enjoy it!
Any type of pickles will work fine. Spears, halves, slices, and chips – as pictured here! My personal favorites are pickle chips or slices because they are the perfect size for dipping in ranch dressing. Mmmmm.
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for all your pickle needs!
- Tall Ball Mason Canning Jars
- Heinz Distilled White Vinegar
- McCormick Dill Seed
- Organic Bamboo Cutting Board
- Kuhn Rikon Colori Art Paring Knife Set
- Swissmar Borner Mandoline
- Chili Pepper Apron
Easy Fried Pickle Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons all purpose seasoning (I used Aunt Cora’s Soulful Seasoning)
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- oil, for frying (I used olive oil)
- 6 – 8 huge pickles, sliced (seriously, like deli size)
- Ranch dressing, to dip
Easy Fried Pickle Directions:
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce and 1 Tablespoon flour.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups flour and all purpose seasoning.
- Preparing frying pan with about 1/2 inch of hot oil.
- Dip pickle slices in the wet ingredient bowl, then the dry ingredient bowl. Dip again in the wet ingredient bowl, then once more in the dry ingredient bowl. Place gently in hot oil until lightly browned. Turn and brown on the other side.
- Remove from oil and place fried pickles on a paper towel covered plate, then enjoy with some ranch dressing dip!