The Best Flank Steak Marinade recipe is exactly what you need to make the perfect easy fajitas. Add this simple recipe to your family meal plan today!
I’ve had flank steak at friends’ homes and in restaurants before, but have never attempted it myself. Until yesterday. Because experimenting to try and make the best flank steak marinade on a house full of guests is always the way to go. Right? This recipe is bits and pieces of about a half dozen different recipes I found and liked around the internet. Plus, a little bit of my very own love.
This is awesome by itself, but would also taste fantastic in fajitas!
UPDATE: This post originally appeared in 2011, but I’m giving it a refresher because it’s summer and yay for flank steak! I still love this recipe – my favorite way to eat it is in a fajita bowl with grilled peppers and fresh guacamole!
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for your grilling needs!
- Outdoor propane and charcoal grills
- Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Skillet
- Lodge Cast-Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Chefs Basics 18-Piece Stainless-Steel Barbecue Set
The BEST Flank Steak Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard (dry mustard works if you’re in a pinch)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 pounds flank steak
The BEST Flank Steak Marinade and Grilling Directions:
- Add all ingredients except flank steak to blender and run until smooth, reserve 1 cup for basting and dipping.
- Pour remaining marinade over steak and refrigerate in a shallow pan or ziploc bag for at LEAST 24 hours. (I like to freeze mine in the marinade for later!)
- Cook on a medium heat grill, basting continually, for 5 minutes on each side, or until you reach desired doneness. (This can also be done under the broiler in your oven).
- Allow to rest 2 minutes before cutting.