Pumpkin chili is the recipe you didn’t know you needed in your life. Filling, delicious, easy to make and tastes like fall in the best way!
Our Pumpkin chili recipe is just what you need on a cold and balmy afternoon. Wrap yourself up in a blanket to watch football or a rom-com and dive into a deep bowl of chili goodness.
I like to serve it with pumpkin biscuits and apple cider cupcakes for dessert.
Pumpkin chili ingredients
- Ground beef
- Chicken stock (Beef stock or vegetable stock will work too)
- Chili seasoning (or one 1.25 ounce packet)
How do you make Pumpkin Chili?
I was trying turn my Wendy’s Chili Recipe into pumpkin chili, rather than letting the pumpkin chili be something of its own. So when I finally came to my senses and stripped the recipe down to it’s essentials, the heavens parted and the chili gods smiled. Seriously, this Pumpkin Chili is goooood.
The other bonus to making this chili so simple is that it comes together in absolutely no time at all. Ten minutes start to finish and you’re chilling on the couch, watching football and savoring your hard work. All you need for pumpkin chili is pumpkin, ground beef, stock (we typically use chicken stock), chili seasoning, and cinnamon. Which sounds a little weird, but I promise it works!
⭐ First, brown and drain the beef.
⭐ Then, stir in pumpkin, chili seasoning, cinnamon, and stock.
⭐ Finally, bring to a light simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through to your liking. It can be eaten immediately or simmered over the course of the day.
Complete the meal with our serving suggestions
Try serving this pumpkin chili with an oven baked potato, fresh homemade dinner rolls or jalapeno cheddar cornbread, and a quick banana pudding for dessert!
I don’t usually worry too much about side veggies since the pumpkin adds tons of fiber, vitamins, and minerals to the meal. In fact, it could totally stand alone as an entire meal if you wanted it to! (But I’m a sucker for chili on a baked potato).
More chili recipes we love
Make sure to check out all our chili recipes!
- Farberware 16 quart covered stock pot – You can’t beat a good heavy stock pot and this one has happily graced my kitchen for years now.
- 7 quart Crock Pot – Most soup and chili recipes can be converted back and forth from stove-top to slow cooker. This is the slow cooker we got for our wedding in 2003 and it’s still kicking butt!
- Giant soup bowls – Because why would you eat chili out of a small bowl?
- 4 cup glass measuring cup – Everyone needs a good measuring cup!
- Stainless steel measuring spoons – I have a really bad habit of melting plastic measuring spoons, so we’ve recently purchased these stainless steel ones and they’ve been great. I also love that they don’t absorb odors. I’m looking at you, curry.
How to make Pumpkin Chili
- 1 can pure pumpkin 15 ounces
- 1/3 cup chili seasoning or one 1.25 ounce packet
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken stock here's how to make your own!
- 1 pound ground beef browned, drained
- Combine pumpkin, chili seasoning, cinnamon, and stock in a pan and bring to a light simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add browned ground beef and heat through.
- Serve and ENJOY!
This looks absolutely delicious!
I love this twist on chili. I just read a thing today about “odd things in chilli”, like cinnamon and chocolate, and pumpkin. I thought everyone had tried these versions. LOL! Perfect fall comfort food!