These are the BEST melt-in-your mouth sprinkle cookies! HUGE, full of white chocolate chips, & rolled on ALL sides with colorful sprinkles!
Our sprinkle cookie recipe cannot be beat. Soft sugar cookie dough covered in two types of rainbow sprinkles and filled with delicious white chocolate chips, these will rock your world! Try them after enjoying our classic meatloaf recipe!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Sprinkle Cookie Ingredients
- Butter – Unsalted, softened.
- Sugar – White granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Egg – Large.
- Vanilla – Real vanilla extract, not imitation.
- Flour – All purpose (make sure you don’t get self rising!).
- Salt – Regular table salt.
- Baking powder – Not baking soda!
- White chocolate chips – We used funfetti white chocolate chips for a little extra sprinkle magic.
- Sprinkles – We used a mix of round and long rainbow sprinkles.
How do you make sprinkle cookies? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, cream together the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
⭐ Next, add in dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir into the dough.
⭐ Then, divide the dough into equal portions and form each portion into a ball. Just until it comes together. Press the sprinkles all over the top and sides of the cookies. Chill.
⭐ Finally, bake chilled dough on a prepared baking sheet until just done. Place on wire racks to cool.
Can you make sprinkle cookies ahead of time?
Yes! You can make and bake the cookies a few days ahead, or prep by making the dough in advance and keeping it in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to bake.
What kind of sprinkles for sprinkle cookies?
Any kind will work, but we like the look of mixing rainbow nonpareils (the little round ones) with rainbow jimmies (the long thin ones).
Do I put sprinkles on before or after baking?
You’ll want to roll the dough in sprinkles before baking so they stick to the cookie.
Do sprinkles melt in the oven?
No, sprinkles do not melt in the oven, they are meant for baking!
Storage and leftovers
How long do sprinkle cookies last?
These will keep 3 – 4 days in a sealed container at room temperature, up to a week in the refrigerator or longer in the freezer.
Can you freeze sprinkle cookies?
Yes! To freeze the baked cookies, allow them to cool completely then store in a freezer safe air-tight container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter at room temperature.
To freeze the dough, form into balls and roll in dough, then place in a freezer safe airtight container and separate layers with parchment paper.
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
🤍 Don’t skip the white chocolate chips. They take this cookie recipe to the next level!
🔥 Make sure not to overbake. In fact, these cookies should be just slightly under-baked so they stay soft and chewy on the inside.
🍪 Roll the whole cookie in sprinkles, don’t just decorate the top. Give them all the sprinkle goodness!
🧈 Bake on a lined baking sheet (with a silicone mat or parchment paper) or use a well greased cookie sheet (I prefer silpat!) to make sure the cookies don’t stick.
What to eat with sprinkle cookies (serving suggestions)
Sprinkle cookies are pure nostalgia for me, they’re always what I chose as a kid at the Publix bakery (my youngest always chooses them too!), so I think it’s fun to pair these cookies with dishes I enjoyed growing up, like hot chicken salad or baked pork chops.
More delicious cookie recipes
- Sugar cookie recipe
- Shortbread cookies
- Chewy chocolate chip cookies
- Easy peanut butter cookies
- See all our yummy cookie recipes!
Other recipes with sprinkles
- Cake balls
- Sugar cookie bars
- Chocolate cake mix cookies
- Rainbow bundt cake
- Chocolate chip cookie cups
Desserts to try next
Tools we love
- Copper baking sheet – These baking sheets are just gorgeous!
- Colorful sprinkle mix – I like to mix round and long sprinkles, but you can use whatever you want.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to make sprinkle cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips (we used funfetti white chocolate chips!)
- colorful sprinkles we used a combination of nonpareils and jimmies
- In a large bowl cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder & salt. Mix until just combined. (Dough will be very crumbly). Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and form each portion into a ball. Just until it comes together.
- Roll dough balls in sprinkles on all sides. Press in gently. Chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375F for 18 minutes. (Bake until slightly undercooked, don't let them brown). Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack after 5 minutes.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Very tasty. Big hit with the kiddos!
I have couple kids that would die for these!! The more sprinkles the better!! I like that you’ve added white chips, which are my favorite!
These are so fun for birthday parties! We love the rainbow sprinkles in these.