S’mores dip is chocolate, marshmallow, graham cracker heaven! Only three ingredients and 10 minutes to get it on the table!
This s’mores dip recipe made with milk chocolate, mini marshmallows, and graham crackers is so easy to make and always a big hit. Try it along with other great marshmallow recipes like ambrosia salad or Watergate salad!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
S’mores Dip Ingredients
- Chocolate chips – We like milk chocolate chips, but you can totally use semi-sweet if you prefer.
- Marshmallows – Mini marshmallows are the best, they make the perfect sized layer of marshmallow with no work.
- Graham crackers – For serving. I like traditional, not cinnamon.
How do you make baked s’mores dip? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, preheat oven. While oven is heating up, pour chocolate chips into bottom of an oven safe baking dish.
⭐ Then, sprinkle the marshmallows in a shallow layer on top of the chocolate.
⭐ Next, bake for until the marshmallows have turned a golden brown on top.
⭐ Finally, serve with graham crackers.
What kind of pan for smores dip?
Any oven safe pan will work, but my personal preference is cast iron because it will hold the heat for a long time and keep the chocolate nice and melty.
Mini marshmallows or big marshmallows for smores dip?
Both will work, but I’m definitely team mini marshmallows. They have the perfect depth of marshmallow to chocolate for this dip and you don’t have to cut them in half. Dump and bake!
What kind of chocolate for s’mores dip?
We like milk chocolate (it’s the classic s’mores flavor!), but you could totally use semi-sweet chocolate chips, or even mix it up with different flavor chips. I don’t suggest using a very dark chocolate though as dark chocolate doesn’t melt as well.
Leftovers and storage
How long does smores dip last?
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days. Keep it covered for best results.
What is the best way to reheat s’mores dip?
Heat it back up in the oven or toaster oven using the same temperature you used to bake it initially. Remove when chocolate is melted.
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
🌈 Try this with white chocolate chips or candy melts + colorful mini marshmallows for a fun change.
🔥 Make it on your grill after the smoked chicken thighs are done.
🥨 Use caramel chips and dip pretzels for a salted caramel version.
🥜 Use peanut butter cups (or dollop spoonfuls of peanut butter over the chocolate chips) for a peanut butter chocolate version.
✋ Prepare this in a muffin pan (don’t forget the liners!) for personal s’mores dip desserts.
What to eat with s’mores dip (serving suggestions)
We usually serve this dessert when company is visiting (it’s so fun and very low stress). It goes great after a dinner of rigatoni casserole or broccoli mac and cheese. Grape jelly meatballs or garlic parmesan wings are great appetizer ideas!
More s’mores recipes
Other awesome desserts to try
More yummy dip recipes
- Spinach dip recipe
- Baked pizza dip
- Crack chicken dip recipe
- Best chili cheese dip
- Hot spinach artichoke dip
Tools we love
- Cast iron pan set – Feels like a campout when you use these cast iron pans!
- Cloth napkins – We switched to cloth about 8 years ago and it’s been so much better than paper.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make S’mores Dip
- 1 package milk chocolate chips 12 ounces
- 2 - 3 cups mini marshmallows (½ a 10 ounce bag)
- graham crackers for servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour chocolate chips into bottom of an oven safe dish. Sprinkle the marshmallows in a shallow layer on top.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until the marshmallows have turned a golden brown on top.
- Allow to rest 2 - 3 minutes before serving (don't burn your tongue!).
- Unicorn s'mores dip: white chocolate chips + colorful fruit mini marshmallows.
- Salted caramel s'mores dip: caramel/butterscotch chips + pretzels for dipping.
- Grasshopper mint s'mores dip: Andes mints + chocolate wafer cookies for dipping.
- Peanut butter cup s'mores dip: Swap peanut butter cups for the chocolate chips (or add a few dollops of peanut butter on top of your chocolate chips).
Click the button above to save this recipe!
This is such a fun take on smores! And great for a party.
Oh! This is addictive! So delicious! My kids keep asking me to make it again. I’ll have to make it for the Memorial Day potluck our family is headed to!
This dip brings all the glory of a bonfire inside with just one dish! I cannot believe how amazing this recipe is!