Stir Fry Sauce is so easy to make and is prepared with only three ingredients that you probably have stocked in your cupboard already!
If I had known how easy it was to make stir fry sauce, I never would have bought the bottled stuff. You can use it as chicken stir fry sauce, pork stir fry, sauce, and even seafood stir fry sauce.
Or heck, skip the meat entirely if you want and make a yummy vegetable stir fry with our easy sauce! We like to serve our stir fry over cauliflower rice.
I think sometimes we fall into the habit of doing things that seem easier, even though maybe they aren’t really. I know I do, and this Easy Stir Fry Sauce is the perfect example. We got into the routine of picking up a stir fry sauce at the market – grab a bottle and go.
Easiest thing ever, right? Except the other day, I took the bottle out of my fridge and it was empty. (I’m not pointing fingers, but pretty sure it wasn’t me). Regardless, I figured we could whip something together pretty easily, how many ingredients could there possibly be? So, I turned the bottle around and nearly choked.
You guys, there were a million and four things on the ingredient list. Several of which didn’t even sound like food.So I resolved to make my own Stir Fry Sauce. And, hello, it was ridiculously easy. (And super tasty!). Only three ingredients! Seriously, three! And I bet you have all of them in your cupboard right now! No more bottled sauce for me, thankyouverymuch.
How do I make stir fry sauce?
You won’t believe how simple it is to make this quick stir fry sauce. Just soy sauce, honey, and garlic in the right proportions whisked together is all you need!
What is Vietnamese Stir Fry Sauce?
Our sauce is a generic Asian inspired stir fry sauce. Specifically Vietnamese stir fry sauce traditionally includes fish sauce to add to the flavor, which you are more than welcome to add here! Red Boat Fish sauce is our personal favorite.
How do I use Stir Fry Sauce?
Short answer, is that you’ll want a hot wok or pan, oil, stir fry vegetables, and a protein of your choice. For full instructions, make sure to check out our Pork and Veggie Stir Fry Recipe. And it sounds weird, but don’t skip velveting the meat!
Can Stir Fry Sauce go bad?
As with most homemade condiments, you’ll want to look at the expiration dates of the individual ingredients, and then use some common sense. We general just make enough for a single meal so we never worry about it going bad.
How do you thicken Stir Fry Sauce?
We don’t generally thicken ours, but if you felt it was necessary, you could add a slurry of cornstarch (or arrowroot flour). Combine a teaspoon of starch with just enough cold water to dissolve into a slurry, then add it to the sauce. Repeat until desired consistency is reached.
If you love our easy stir fry sauce recipe, be sure to check out these other yummy Asian inspired recipes!
- Pork and Veggie Stir Fry – Use this stir fry sauce on our easy pork and veggie stir fry recipe! Comes together in less than 30 minutes and tastes so good!
- Easy Asian Slaw for Korean Pork Tacos – Make some pulled pork in the slow cooker, then pop it into some flour tortillas with Asian Coleslaw for a delicious simple dinner.
- Three Ingredient Asian Style Peanut Sauce – I. Would. Put. This. On. Everything. Peanut Sauce is legitimately one of my favorite sauces in the whole world. And you can make it with only three ingredients!!!
- Simple Kimchi Stew – Or Kimchi Jjigae as it’s also referred to, may sound strange and scary, but it’s actually so very yummy. It’s like the Korean version of chicken noodle soup. Perfect for cool days.
- General Tso’s Chicken – My kids call this “mall chicken” and I’m perfectly happy to make mall chicken.. er, General Tso’s Chicken at home rather than braving the crowds at the mall.
- Asian Salmon Burgers – My husband claims to not love salmon. So I’m going to make these Asian Salmon burgers and eat them all myself.
- Malaysian Satay Inspired Chicken Thighs – Satay is generally served on a stick. But sometimes you have five hungry kids and don’t want to take the time to thread chicken on a stick. Also, maybe four of those children are boys, and serving food on a long pointy is not the safest decision. On occasions, we love this satay inspired dish made with whole roasted chicken thighs.
- Japanese Cucumber Salad – P.S. Another hardcore favorite of mine. This Japanese Cucumber Salad is 100% guilt free, but feels like a special treat. Especially if you use the spiralizer to shave it into thin swirls!
Check out our Amazon affiliate links for items used in this Stir Fry Sauce Recipe:
- Soy sauce (gluten free) – The gluten free soy sauce tends to be a little saltier, but it also has a more pure and robust flavor. If you’re not sensitive to gluten, regular soy sauce works just fine!
- Granulated garlic – Make sure it’s not garlic salt, as you already have a lot of salt coming from the soy sauce. You could also use fresh garlic. If you did, I would put the sauce in a food processor or blender to ensure everything is well combined.
- Honey – We’re big fans of raw honey, and even better if it’s local. I don’t know if it’s true, but they say eating local honey can actually help with seasonal allergies!
- Glass cruet with stopper – If you make your stir fry sauce up ahead of time, this is a great little cruet to store it in.
- 1 quart glass measuring cup – If you watch our weekly live show, you know that this is one of the kitchen tools that makes an appearance almost every single show. We love this glass measuring cup!
- Silicone whisk – I prefer a silicone whisk to metal because I find it easier to clean. Also, they come in such fun colors!
- Small spatula – These small spatulas are so cute, and perfect for getting into small spaces and making sure you’re using every last drop of your recipe.
Stir Fry Sauce
This three ingredient stir fry sauce is perfect for your simple weeknight stir fry recipe!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic NOT garlic salt
Whisk all your ingredients together and pour into a lidded container. Store in the fridge if not using immediately.
You may also enjoy:
Three Ingredient Stir Fry Sauce, Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (NOT garlic salt)
Three Ingredient Stir Fry Sauce, Directions:
- Whisk all your ingredients together and pour into a lidded container. Store in the fridge if not using immediately.
Originally published Nov 1, 2015