I pretty much love all foods Asian. And one of my favorite treats is the cucumber salad our local sushi place makes. It’s light, refreshing, and yummy yummy. But I can’t always get out for sushi just because I have a pickle craving, so tonight I set out to make my own. I hope you enjoy this Japanese Cucumber Salad as much as we do!
Japanese Cucumber Salad, Ingredients:
- 2 – 3 english cucumbers
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- toasted sesame seeds, to taste
Japanese Cucumber Salad, Directions:
- Thinly (very very thinly) slice cucumbers. (I wanted mine all fancy-like for the pictures, so I cut them in half, dug out the seeds, and then used a vegetable peeler to make spirals. Next time I will just use my mandolin. Unless my husband finally takes a hint and buys me a spiralizer.)
- Pack cucumber slices into a lidded container.
- In a separate bowl, combine water, soy sauce, and vinegar. Taste brine and make adjustments as necessary.
- Pour brine into cucumber container shake to make sure cucumbers are all wetted.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (or up to two weeks).
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds sprinkled over top. Enjoy!