This barbecue pulled pork slow cooker recipe is the perfect meal to throw in your crock pot at the beginning of the day and come home from work to a delicious simple dinner.
This Slow Cooker Barbecue Pineapple Pulled Pork recipe is so simple you’re going to think I’m lying. But I’m not, I swear! It’s pure delicious. Sure, I still love my stand-by pulled pork recipe for something mild and easily incorporated into other dishes, but if you’re looking for sweet barbecue goodness? This is the ticket!
I originally published this slow cooker pulled pork recipe in 2010 when I was just getting comfortable in the kitchen. My slow cooker was a favorite tool of torture back in those days and it was a definite lottery when dinner came around. Would the recipe work? Would it be a terrifying disaster? Who’s going to test it first?! Thankfully, this pork recipe came out great and here seven years later it’s still a favorite in our home. The ox tail soup I made then next week though? That one won’t ever see the light of day again!
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items we think you’ll love in your kitchen!
- Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker
- 12-inch and 9-inch Stainless-steel Locking Kitchen Tongs
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Dole Crushed Canned Pineapple
- Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pineapple Pulled Pork Ingredients:
- one 4 – 6 pound pork shoulder
- all purpose seasoning or seasoned salt
- one bottle of barbecue sauce
- one 15 ounce can of diced or crushed pineapples, undrained
- optional garnish: shaved or pickled red onions (check out my easy pickled onion recipe!)
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pineapple Pulled Pork Directions:
- Rub pork shoulder all over with all purpose seasoning and place in slow cooker.
- Dump can of pineapples (undrained) over pork, then pour bottle of barbecue sauce over pork (lift pork a little to let the sauce get underneath).
- Cook on high for six (6) hours or low for ten (10) hours.
- Shred in the pot and mix with the juice.
- Strain, serve (with pickled onions, of course), and ENJOY!
You may also enjoy!
This recipe was originally published 6.7.2010